Casey Fossum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Casey Fossum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Casey Fossum

Postby slomo007 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:09 pm

What are your thoughts on Fossum? He comes off the DL on June 24th and plays the Tigers. His K/9 ratio is awesome, and he's so young and playing for a GREAT offensive team. I think he has been bothered by his injury all year and that's why he has struggled. Do you all think he will turn it around? He definitely has potential.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pilambp » Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:25 pm

I think he has the potential, but I wouldn't throw him into the starting slot on your team just yet. Keep an eye on him on the waiver wire, or stash him away if you have an extra roster spot. Make sure he's pitching well before throwing him out there.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:57 pm

Normally I wouldn't recommend starting a marginal pitcher like Fossum just coming off the DL and would rather watch his first start or two to see if he's ready. But facing the Tigers, it could be worth the risk, as he has a great chance of getting the win. Especially if you need a win and can take a possible ERA/WHIP hit I'd start him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:03 pm

Unless you're in a keeper league where his potential overrides his present status, there is little point in owning Fossum. He had a terrible spring...so bad that he nearly got sent to Pawtucket and he has been mostly lousy prior to getting hurt. You can tell by the logo below my handle that I'd like nothing better than for Fossum to come back snorting, but I think he's a poor risk.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers