is Delmon getting the call? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

is Delmon getting the call?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bigken117 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:27 pm

I've read also his clock doesn't start as a Sept call up, that's what drves me nuts. What the fu** are they thinking???
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GoPenny » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:44 pm

if no arbitration time is not adding up, i don't get it either...I would figure they would wanna call him up and at least give him a handful of at bats. I mean let's see what the guy can do already....it's no wonder the ray's are always in last....they do have a very promising young team though and I would love to see them start winning
GoPenny
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby DCNats » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:45 pm

Us fantasy owners with #1 waiver priorities should start an online petition asking for Delmon to be called up this year. It seems like it could be an oddball enough idea to garner some attention somewhere. :*)
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:46 pm

DCNats wrote:Us fantasy owners with #1 waiver priorities should start an online petition asking for Delmon to be called up this year. It seems like it could be an oddball enough idea to garner some attention somewhere. :*)

I'm in!
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby DCNats » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:34 pm

bigken117 wrote:
DCNats wrote:Us fantasy owners with #1 waiver priorities should start an online petition asking for Delmon to be called up this year. It seems like it could be an oddball enough idea to garner some attention somewhere. :*)

I'm in!

Here it is if you want to sign it:

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/Delmon_Young/

;-D
DCNats
College Coach
College Coach

Postby clarkw267 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:37 am

OK.... look at the situation

They have about 5 guys for 3 OF spots as it is already without Delmon.. they are not in the hunt for anything this year, so why would they bring him up, and take ABs away from guys that are basically auditioning for a spot on the team next year.

Think about it... their OF is already crowded as it is, without Baldelli, Young, and Upton (who may be forced into the OF due to horrible defense and the play of Lugo/Cantu) joining the team next year and making it even more of a mess. They are better off keeping Delmon in the minors , and sorting out what they already have on their team, then bringing him up for meaningless ABs in September.
clarkw267
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Melo255 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:10 am

clarkw267 wrote:OK.... look at the situation

They have about 5 guys for 3 OF spots as it is already without Delmon.. they are not in the hunt for anything this year, so why would they bring him up, and take ABs away from guys that are basically auditioning for a spot on the team next year.

Think about it... their OF is already crowded as it is, without Baldelli, Young, and Upton (who may be forced into the OF due to horrible defense and the play of Lugo/Cantu) joining the team next year and making it even more of a mess. They are better off keeping Delmon in the minors , and sorting out what they already have on their team, then bringing him up for meaningless ABs in September.

Well I would think ticket sales would be enough to make the move and bring him up. I'm sure a lot more people would come to watch the future best player in baseball in his first games in the league.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball