The Strangest Story This Decade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Strangest Story This Decade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:45 pm

Wait doesn't McDonalds usually have surveillance especially around the Drive Thru. So couldn't they just see whoever planted the rock with the note under it?
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:47 pm

This was a part that they focused on when I saw the TV story:

They haven't ruled anyone out either -- including Wells himself.

Some people believe that this was just an extravagant suicide by Mr. Wells and that everything else was made up just to give his death some notoriety.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:52 pm

StlSluggers wrote:This was a part that they focused on when I saw the TV story:

Some people believe that this was just an extravagant suicide by Mr. Wells and that everything else was made up just to give his death some notoriety.

Would a 46 year old Pizza Delivery Man really know how to create an intricate explosion device?
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:56 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:

Would a 46 year old Pizza Delivery Man really know how to create an intricate explosion device?

Good point.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:59 pm

Actually what i said was wrong, we never know what he did on his spare time. And who knows maybe he got someone else to make it for him. This is just a crazy story, but isnt there a way too match writing styles? I mean of the little "scavenger hunt notes" and lets say of a note written by the women suspect or the Mr. Rosthein guy?
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:00 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:

Good point.

I bet anyone could make a simple explosive with a timer. He could have timed it and figured that if he wasn't able to turn it off at a certain time that he'd have been captured and ready to die.

Weird
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:06 pm

This actually sounds like something out of the movie SAW if anyone has seen it. I think this was one of the stories i cant remember. Saw 2 is coming out and it would be crazy if it had this kind of story in it.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:12 pm

Something else super weird that Geraldo doesn't bother mentioning:

CrimeLibrary.com wrote:In fact, the only diversion from the daily routine was his nearly all-consuming fascination with an annual game run by the local newspaper, a kind of citywide scavenger hunt called the "Great Key Hunt," in which participants would search for clues in the newspaper which would lead them to keys and clues, which in turn would ultimately lead them to a grand prize.

He was, as one witness put it, "enthralled by the game," and privately, authorities acknowledge that they have been struck by the similarities between the game and the bizarre order of instructions in the notes written by the puppeteer.

The link for the above excerpt is here: http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/famous/erie_collar_bomber/index.html?sect=7

StlSluggers wrote:BTW, as I was reading through this story, there were points were I thought to myself, "God, is this story written by a high-school junior?" I looked on FoxNews to see that this was written by Geraldo.

'Nuff said... :-°

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I used to work at a paper owned by Geraldo, and he had a weekly column he would write - it was SO BAD. Geraldo just sucks. Good post, though. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:15 pm

This is also like the Kennedy assassination. Not the assassination in itself but just how everyone connected, or of high power, or that was there in Dealey Plaza during the time, died mysteriously soon after. That Rosthein guy died of Cancer July 2004, im not sure if its mentioned there.

Definately Wierd.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:16 pm

WharfRat im actually reading that ATM. ;-D
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk