General Fantasy Questions for Beginners. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

General Fantasy Questions for Beginners.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What does "bump" mean?

Postby The Duke » Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 pm

I have seen this in several posts at the Cafe, but do not know what it is. Thanks.
The Duke
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What does "bump" mean?

Postby Madison » Tue May 15, 2007 9:36 pm

The Duke wrote:I have seen this in several posts at the Cafe, but do not know what it is. Thanks.

Helps if you put it in the post and not the title. I sat here a minute trying to figure out what exactly you were asking. :-D

Anyway, the answer is:

Bring
Up
My
Bump is commonly used on message boards to bring the post back up to the top for additional input and/or replies.

Now you know. :-) ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smokin' Aces » Mon May 21, 2007 3:28 pm

this might be a dumb question or the wrong place for it but i've been looking at threads posts help pages etc. for a how to on posting a link to other posts for help or what not at the bottom of your reply to a topic. also when clicking quote to a post it is blank of course but who do you transfer the text into the box?
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Madison » Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 pm

smokin' Aces wrote:this might be a dumb question or the wrong place for it but i've been looking at threads posts help pages etc. for a how to on posting a link to other posts for help or what not at the bottom of your reply to a topic. also when clicking quote to a post it is blank of course but who do you transfer the text into the box?

For the first part, you use the URL buttons above the box you type in. Click the URL button, put in the link, click the button again. It will look like what's in this code box:

Code: Select all
[url]www.yaddayaddayadda[/url]

As to the second question, I don't understand what you're trying to ask......If you click quote on someone's post, their entire post should be in the box you type in and you put your response underneath that. If in fact that's what you're asking....
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smokin' Aces » Tue May 22, 2007 3:08 am

thanx. for the first part and yes to the 2nd part but it seems the box stays empty for some reason unless i copy and paste it in but i'll deal with it.
smokin' Aces
College Coach
College Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue May 22, 2007 7:07 am

smokin' Aces wrote:thanx. for the first part and yes to the 2nd part but it seems the box stays empty for some reason unless i copy and paste it in but i'll deal with it.

I think what you want to do is hit the quote button on someone's post. That will automatically put their post in a quote box.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: General Fantasy Questions for Beginners.

Postby Murf » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 am

Ok... I'm a newbie to Fantasy Baseball... well it has been at LEAST 15 years since I last did it... LONG before the internet system came into play!!!

Anyway... I have heard there are many different "projection" methods such as... PECOTA, Marcel's... ect... I assume they use different methods and such...

I would like to know what all methods there are... and maybe some opinions on them... I have NO idea where to start for doing a draft anymore, and can use all the suggestions I can get!!!

Also... the group I am with is going to do the Yahoo live draft.... I could use a LOT of pointers for that as well since i will need to let it do my picks for me since I will be on vacation in Italy at that time!!! 8-o

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!!
Murf
T-Ball Trainer

Re: General Fantasy Questions for Beginners.

Postby wyoav211933 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Also doing fantasy baseball for the first time. Since I've done Fantasy Football before and am fairly baseball savy, most everything makes sense, but there is one thing that I don't understand regarding pitchers. My league rules state that on weekly basis that I can have only 12 games started. I've been struggling to understand what that exactly means. Does it mean that between my combined nine pitchers per day that there can only be 12 starts between all of them in one week? To me that is what makes the most sense, but if that's wrong, I'd like to know before Opening Day.
wyoav211933
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions