Milk Challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Milk Challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:40 pm

The_Met_Threat wrote:I really dont think a bat boy gets to fly first class all around the continent (cept mexico :-D ) just to grab some bats and drink milk till he throws up. They got some home towners to do that.

But what i was talking about was when Randy Johnson grabbed the broom from that kid and started sweeping the dug out. Im sure some New Yorkers saw that and it was over ESPN.

Who knows, maybe some of the rich teams do. :-b
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby Secret Avatar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:12 pm

I wonder if his p!ss was white after drinking all that milk? :-b
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:29 pm

The Milk Saga Continues:

Got milk? An unidentified Florida Marlins batboy does.

After the batboy was suspended six games for accepting a dare from Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny, a former Marlin, to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without vomiting, the Milk Processor Education Program wants to compensate him. The group is offering the batboy $500, the original prize of the dare, along with any lost wages from the suspension as long as he promises to drink the recommended three glasses of milk a day (just not all in one sitting).

In addition, the Fort Myers Miracle, the Minnesota Twins' Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League, have offered him an honorary batboy position during their game Monday night against the Tampa Yankees.

"Similar to a rehab stint, we want to help this kid stay on top of his game," Miracle GM Steve Gliner said. "Instead of crying over spilt milk, we decided to offer him the honorary post."

All kids 14 and under will receive a pint of milk upon entering the stadium. The Miracle will also have a cow at the front gates and literature will be passed out on the importance of drinking milk. Empty milk cartons will be placed around the ballpark, so fans can donate money to the out-of-work batboy.

The offers come in the wake of a Miami Herald report Wednesday that the Marlins suspended the unidentified batboy for the team's upcoming six-game homestand against the Cardinals and Mets from Aug. 28 through Sept. 4 for accepting the dare Sunday.

Penny told the paper the boy drank the milk and didn't throw up, but didn't finish the gallon in the allotted time frame to win the dare.

"It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk," Penny told the Herald.

"It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that. It shows they [the Marlins organization] don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job," he said.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:45 pm

Milk... it does a body good ;-D
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:01 am

Rirruto wrote:The Milk Saga Continues:

Got milk? An unidentified Florida Marlins batboy does.

After the batboy was suspended six games for accepting a dare from Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny, a former Marlin, to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without vomiting, the Milk Processor Education Program wants to compensate him. The group is offering the batboy $500, the original prize of the dare, along with any lost wages from the suspension as long as he promises to drink the recommended three glasses of milk a day (just not all in one sitting).

In addition, the Fort Myers Miracle, the Minnesota Twins' Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League, have offered him an honorary batboy position during their game Monday night against the Tampa Yankees.

"Similar to a rehab stint, we want to help this kid stay on top of his game," Miracle GM Steve Gliner said. "Instead of crying over spilt milk, we decided to offer him the honorary post."

All kids 14 and under will receive a pint of milk upon entering the stadium. The Miracle will also have a cow at the front gates and literature will be passed out on the importance of drinking milk. Empty milk cartons will be placed around the ballpark, so fans can donate money to the out-of-work batboy.

The offers come in the wake of a Miami Herald report Wednesday that the Marlins suspended the unidentified batboy for the team's upcoming six-game homestand against the Cardinals and Mets from Aug. 28 through Sept. 4 for accepting the dare Sunday.

Penny told the paper the boy drank the milk and didn't throw up, but didn't finish the gallon in the allotted time frame to win the dare.

"It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk," Penny told the Herald.

"It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that. It shows they [the Marlins organization] don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job," he said.


:-b
Too funny.

But this article tells a different story of the actual bet. This one says he didn't finish all the milk, but the other says he drank it all but puked :-?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:04 am

I'm definitely trying this on my buddy... but he's guarenteed to puke if he drinks the whole gallon though right? Because I don't want to actually lose any money :-b
Image

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4368
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:07 am

baseball6791 wrote:I'm definitely trying this on my buddy... but he's guarenteed to puke if he drinks the whole gallon though right? Because I don't want to actually lose any money :-b


I've yet to hear a 'success' story. :-?

They did it on Jackass a couple times. One girl finished it (I don't know how long it took), but I'm pretty sure she puked afterwards.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:56 am

blankman wrote:[I've yet to hear a 'success' story. :-?


The closest I've seen anyone come is a guy I worked with. He chugged the whole gallon in 10 minutes. Half an hour went by while he was stumbling around and turning the color of pea soup. Then he collapsed and threw up.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21583
(Past Year: 353)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:03 am

I'm still wondering why the batboy got suspended. Did he puke on McKeon or something?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:11 am

StlSluggers wrote:I'm still wondering why the batboy got suspended. Did he puke on McKeon or something?

I'm guessing the Marlins don't like having their batboy heaving up rancid milk during the game. If he was sick then OK but he intentionally did this to himself.
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21583
(Past Year: 353)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Boston at Toronto
(12:37 pm)
Texas at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
San Francisco at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Miami at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact