Milk Challenge - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Milk Challenge

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Milk Challenge

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:15 pm

rotoworld wrote:A batboy who took a dare to chug a gallon of milk has been suspended six games by the Marlins.

The batboy drank the milk in the alotted time frame (an hour), but couldn't hold it down. Brad Penny, the instigator in this dare is not happy with the suspension, and has a good point. ''It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk,'' Penny said

We used to do this dare all the time in college. It is impossible to drink a gallon of milk in an hour and keep it down.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 463)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Milk Challenge

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
rotoworld wrote:A batboy who took a dare to chug a gallon of milk has been suspended six games by the Marlins.

The batboy drank the milk in the alotted time frame (an hour), but couldn't hold it down. Brad Penny, the instigator in this dare is not happy with the suspension, and has a good point. ''It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk,'' Penny said

We used to do this dare all the time in college. It is impossible to drink a gallon of milk in an hour and keep it down.

Why did he get suspended???
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Big Papi's Pimps » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:18 pm

He's got a great point. Just goes to show you how ridiculous the suspensions for steroids are.

Pimpin' Aint Easy!!!
Big Papi's Pimps
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 pm

Yeah a couple of buddies and I did this a couple of times. Saw it on Jackass so we decided to try it. It was pretty jokes but by the end of it, everybody was yaking Milk. :-P

On a side note, it's also impossible to continuously eat those Salted Crackers. Man.. :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 pm

:-°
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:24 pm

This is super dumb...Why the heck would the Marlins hurt their playoff chances for this? Morons I hope they miss the playoffs now :-t
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:This is super dumb...Why the heck would the Marlins hurt their playoff chances for this? Morons I hope they miss the playoffs now :-t

Really think batboys are that important? :-b

What a ridiculous suspension though...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:27 pm

What a crock. I could drink a gallon of milk in an hour, no sweat. I'm such a dairy-stud I could probably eat a block of cheese to wash it down with. B-)

I still don't understand the suspension though... did he hurl on someone's bat or something?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby RugbyD » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:50 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:What a crock. I could drink a gallon of milk in an hour, no sweat. I'm such a dairy-stud I could probably eat a block of cheese to wash it down with. B-)

I still don't understand the suspension though... did he hurl on someone's bat or something?

Its not about volume or lactose, its about acid/base imbalance.

there were always bets like this down at the exchange when i worked there. the milk one was popular. there was a chicken mcnuggets bet, there was a hold a textbook over your head bet, some other i forget. fun stuff. summers are slow on the trading floor.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:52 pm

RugbyD wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:What a crock. I could drink a gallon of milk in an hour, no sweat. I'm such a dairy-stud I could probably eat a block of cheese to wash it down with. B-)

Its not about volume or lactose, its about acid/base imbalance.

there were always bets like this down at the exchange when i worked there. the milk one was popular. there was a chicken mcnuggets bet, there was a hold a textbook over your head bet, some other i forget. fun stuff. summers are slow on the trading floor.

If you can remember, what was the McNugget bet?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to General Talk