Frequently asked Yahoo questions. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

Frequently asked Yahoo questions.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

setting up a yahoo keeper league

Postby clarene worley » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:38 pm

How can I set up keeper league in yahoo? Is there an option to keep the rosters and league together? I've only played yearly leagues, but am looking to start a keeper with some friends. Any advice on the best way to do this would be appreciated.
clarene worley
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:41 pm

You can't do keepers, so you either have to write down the rosters, or create a Yahoo! group and keep information there.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby clarene worley » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Would you suggest using a yahoo group, or is there another service that you prefer? I've only used yahoo, so I'm open to suggestions.
clarene worley
T-Ball Trainer

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:53 pm

Personally, I've never used a Yahoo! group, but I've heard form others it works well for this sort of thing.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Yahoo groups are cool and a chat room is included ;-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:07 am

clarene worley wrote:Would you suggest using a yahoo group, or is there another service that you prefer? I've only used yahoo, so I'm open to suggestions.

Yahoo Groups are what I use for all of my keepers. I run about 10 leagues between baseball and hockey per season and they all run without a hitch. It's free and you can keep all of your files on hand.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby pa_tater » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:49 pm

In my 20 team pts. league, we have an automated draft. It does the job and all, and a live draft just isn't a reality with so many teams

...does a slow draft option exist on Yahoo?
pa_tater
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:56 pm

pa_tater wrote:In my 20 team pts. league, we have an automated draft. It does the job and all, and a live draft just isn't a reality with so many teams

No. Depending on what you consider a "slow" draft, you have a few options. You could use a chatroom or IM if you want a faster slow draft. If you do them like I do with 12-18 hour time limits for each pick, I highly recommend a Yahoo Group. It's free and you can customize it and create whatever files you need.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby pa_tater » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
pa_tater wrote:In my 20 team pts. league, we have an automated draft. It does the job and all, and a live draft just isn't a reality with so many teams

No. Depending on what you consider a "slow" draft, you have a few options. You could use a chatroom or IM if you want a faster slow draft. If you do them like I do with 12-18 hour time limits for each pick, I highly recommend a Yahoo Group. It's free and you can customize it and create whatever files you need.

Thanks for the info ;-D

If I may ask another Yahoo Q, what time does the new 'day' start in Eastern time(approx.)?

I need to know for the sake of adding, spotting and dropping pitchers.
pa_tater
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:46 pm

pa_tater wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Thanks for the info ;-D

If I may ask another Yahoo Q, what time does the new 'day' start in Eastern time(approx.)?

I need to know for the sake of adding, spotting and dropping pitchers.

If I understand your question, a "new day" starts at 2:59 A.M. EST. That means that players added at 2:57 show up on your next day's roster and players added 3:00 A.M. and later count for the day after that. Hypothetically, you could add a SP at 2:58 and drop him at 3:00 and still get to use him for a start.

Ask any question that you want. It's why we're here and why this forum exists.
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions