Frequently asked Yahoo questions. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

Frequently asked Yahoo questions.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:47 am

I'll 2nd Mad's main point. It all depends on how many leagues you are in and how intense they are. 1 thing that I didn't see Mad mention is that you get the StatTracker included for all teams under that screenname, whether they are free or Plus leagues. We always get it for my $$ league and it allows you to have 4 slots still left for free leagues. Honestly, I only use the ST portion. I don't even mess with the other "features".
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chip1010 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:18 am

When you're setting up a Yahoo league, can you designate how many bench spots you want to apply to hitters and how many to apply to pitchers? Or do you have to pick a set number and people can use them however they want?

I want to have five bench spots in my league, but I fear that people will use all of them on starters to maximize chances for wins and K's. (This is a head-to-head league.) I guess I could just put a cap on how many innings can be pitched in a week, but I'm still curious whether I can set which spots can be used for which.
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:30 am

I don't believe you can limit bench spots for each, as I've never seen that done.

Innings cap would solve the problem of everyone loading up on starters and tossing as many innings as possible. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:40 am

or you can add categories like Losses or change K's to K's per 9 innings.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby BrewerJer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:36 pm

It's been known since last night that Chipper Jones was going on the DL. Yahoo still doesn't show it that way, and it's 6:30 PM CDT. I want to move him to my DL and pick up a new player, but it won't let me. Are they just slow on the updates or is there a specific time I should look for the change to be made? I'm in a weekly league with no bench spots, so if I don't make the change today I'm stuck with Chipper in my lineup all week. Ditto for Kazmir.

That happened earlier this year with Pujols. He was put on the DL in the morning, but didn't get put on Yahoo's "DL" until after I finally had to go to bed at 10:30.
BrewerJer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:15 pm

BrewerJer wrote:It's been known since last night that Chipper Jones was going on the DL. Yahoo still doesn't show it that way, and it's 6:30 PM CDT. I want to move him to my DL and pick up a new player, but it won't let me. Are they just slow on the updates or is there a specific time I should look for the change to be made? I'm in a weekly league with no bench spots, so if I don't make the change today I'm stuck with Chipper in my lineup all week. Ditto for Kazmir.

That happened earlier this year with Pujols. He was put on the DL in the morning, but didn't get put on Yahoo's "DL" until after I finally had to go to bed at 10:30.

It's not always Yahoo's fault. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BrewerJer » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:05 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
BrewerJer wrote:It's been known since last night that Chipper Jones was going on the DL. Yahoo still doesn't show it that way, and it's 6:30 PM CDT. I want to move him to my DL and pick up a new player, but it won't let me. Are they just slow on the updates or is there a specific time I should look for the change to be made? I'm in a weekly league with no bench spots, so if I don't make the change today I'm stuck with Chipper in my lineup all week. Ditto for Kazmir.

So what's holding them up? They have in the player notes that they're on the DL. Why wouldn't they just put the player on the DL then. Or is there something I'm not doing?
BrewerJer
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:17 pm

BrewerJer wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

So what's holding them up? They have in the player notes that they're on the DL. Why wouldn't they just put the player on the DL then. Or is there something I'm not doing?

Then play daily leagues. Just because a team says that someone is on the DL doesn't mean that they will be put on immediately.
Lofunzo

Postby Chip1010 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:15 am

Madison wrote:I don't believe you can limit bench spots for each, as I've never seen that done.

Innings cap would solve the problem of everyone loading up on starters and tossing as many innings as possible. ;-D

OK, I guess I'll put the cap at 50 IP per week. Another question: What happens if your pitchers throw 47 innings through Saturday, and you put start a pitcher on Sunday who goes eight and gets a win? Does Yahoo cut it off at 50 and not give him the win? I'm curious how the cutoff works.

And thanks a lot for your help! ;-D
Chip1010
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:09 am

Chip1010 wrote:
Madison wrote:I don't believe you can limit bench spots for each, as I've never seen that done.

OK, I guess I'll put the cap at 50 IP per week. Another question: What happens if your pitchers throw 47 innings through Saturday, and you put start a pitcher on Sunday who goes eight and gets a win? Does Yahoo cut it off at 50 and not give him the win? I'm curious how the cutoff works.

And thanks a lot for your help! ;-D

I'm not sure that there is a max IP that you can use in H2H leagues but, no matter what, you would still get the stats. ;-D
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions