Frequently asked Yahoo questions. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

Frequently asked Yahoo questions.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:11 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Found a way

GreenFish wrote...

This is it:
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/baseball/cgi_feedback

You can have the team transferred. You need to send the following info:

league ID #
team name
old yahoo ID
new yahoo ID
new email address

Very cool ;-D . Hope you've got a manager ready and willing to take over the team. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaddenDude » Wed May 03, 2006 2:54 am

actually, I have 6 teams, 1 private league, 1 rotisserie, and 4 head to head. I dont wanna link my fantasy profile to keep my identity secret, but Im willing to link u privately topic creator...just dont tell anyone. email me at mailto:maddenzone@gmail.com if you really dont believe me.

but i guess you can just take my word for it, I really do have 6 teams. Ive been playing since 01, so many they allowed me to have more teams because of my experience.
My Blog - http://maddendude.blogspot.com/
MaddenDude
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Madison » Fri May 05, 2006 5:45 pm

MaddenDude wrote:actually, I have 6 teams, 1 private league, 1 rotisserie, and 4 head to head. I dont wanna link my fantasy profile to keep my identity secret, but Im willing to link u privately topic creator...just dont tell anyone. email me at mailto:maddenzone@gmail.com if you really dont believe me.

but i guess you can just take my word for it, I really do have 6 teams. Ive been playing since 01, so many they allowed me to have more teams because of my experience.

I believe you provided at least 2 of those leagues are Plus leagues. You can sign up for as many of those as you want on the same ID. You're only allowed 4 free full season leagues, and 4 free half season leagues per ID, but Plus leagues (pay leagues) are unlimited. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GrubNasty » Wed May 31, 2006 5:35 pm

i was wondering how you set it so that your team can be viewed by people not in the league.... as it stands right now you have to be in the league to see the teams, where other leagues are wide open for others to look around. i would like to make ours wide open? is it to late to do this? im not the commish so i cant dig around, and was hoping others could help me out...
GrubNasty
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Madison » Wed May 31, 2006 9:45 pm

GrubNasty wrote:i was wondering how you set it so that your team can be viewed by people not in the league.... as it stands right now you have to be in the league to see the teams, where other leagues are wide open for others to look around. i would like to make ours wide open? is it to late to do this? im not the commish so i cant dig around, and was hoping others could help me out...

Pretty sure that's not possible in a private league. Public leagues are viewable by anyone, but private leagues are locked. I don't know if what you're asking is possible or not. If no one here knows, try emailing Yahoo. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:23 pm

Madison wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Another thing to add to the Yahoo FAQ's..

Q- "How many teams can I have for baseball?"

A- A maximum of 4 teams per ID

Good one. Thanks Go_Jays! ;-D

I did tweak it a little since you can have 4 full season leagues and 4 mid-season leagues on the same ID, but that was one I should have already had in the FAQ to begin with. Thank you for pointing that out Go_Jays! ;-D ;-D

Might wanna tweak it again. You can have 4 standard leagues and 4 midseason leagues but Plus leagues do not count towards this total. You can also have 4 of them.

EugeneStyles wrote:Here's a question... let's see if anyone knows the answer...

If I put in three different waiver claims, where the players come off waivers on different days, how does the order of the claims work?

Frex:

1. Gil Meche for Sean Marshall (W - Apr 9)
2. Hector Luna for Reggie Abercrombie (W - Apr 8)
3. Hector Luna for Brian Bannister (W - Apr 9)

will my #1 waiver priority be wasted on Abercrombie? Will it hold Abercrombie on waivers until the first one goes off? will it save my waiver claim and pick up Marshall off waivers, meanwhile picking up Abercrombie only if he makes it through waivers to Free Agent?

When you make multiple claims at the same time, it should have a numerical priority attached to it. You should also be able to click to change the priority.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby sportsguy138 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 pm

first year of fantasy anything.. just wonderin how the H2H playoffs work.. when they start.. how long their for etc
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:28 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:first year of fantasy anything.. just wonderin how the H2H playoffs work.. when they start.. how long their for etc

I checked a few of my leagues and it looks like the default is week 23 (Sept. 4-10) for the start of the playoffs. The top 6 teams make it. Seeds 1 and 2 have byes while 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. The 4 remaining teams have matchups (based on the standings) during week 24. "Week" 25 is the finals. It's actually 2 weeks and you only need the regular weekly minimums to qualify. What I mean is that, if your league has a minimum weekly IP of 7, you only need 7 total for the 2 weeks. You probably won't win with that but just wanted to let you know.

So, the playoffs last 4 weeks. The first 2 rounds last 1 week each and the finals last 2 weeks.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

ranks

Postby a_soriano12 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:57 am

does anyone know how often ranks and O-ranks are updated?
a_soriano12
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: ranks

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:53 am

a_soriano12 wrote:does anyone know how often ranks and O-ranks are updated?

Not often enough. :-/
Lofunzo

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions