Frequently asked Yahoo questions. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Frequently Asked Fantasy Questions

Frequently asked Yahoo questions.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RaNe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:30 pm

Now that the free trial of StatTracker is over, is there any way to view which stat categories we're winning in H2H?
Also, when do they show the stats of the players for the day?
At the end of the day or what?
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 am

RaNe wrote:Now that the free trial of StatTracker is over, is there any way to view which stat categories we're winning in H2H?
Also, when do they show the stats of the players for the day?
At the end of the day or what?

It will update daily and you'll have a link to view any of the matchups on your league. It will show you all catagories, and the exact totals for each catagory.

I've seen updates as early as 3 AM Eastern, or as late as 9 AM Eastern, so good luck.

If you've got 2 or more teams, I'd suggest getting Stattracker. For $9.99, it's definitely worth it in H2H leagues, and works on all your teams on the same ID (Max of 4 full season leagues per ID), and you only have to pay for it one time. If you've got 4 teams, that breaks down to less than $2.50 per team. Not a bad deal at all for live up to date standings and stats.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RaNe » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:18 am

What's the difference between casual and competitive in Yahoo public leagues?
Are there more categories in competitive?
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:29 am

RaNe wrote:What's the difference between casual and competitive in Yahoo public leagues?

I could be wrong, but I don't think there any more categories. I think it's all about how serious you want to be. If want a competitive league you'd do that, and if you just want to casually play with it (maybe you're learning or something), then that's what you'd do...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:36 am

RaNe wrote:What's the difference between casual and competitive in Yahoo public leagues?

Nope, no additional cats or anything. "Supposedly" the competitive leagues have better managers, but everything I've heard has both types of leagues being the same with really no difference in the two.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RaNe » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:55 am

Also, what's a good way of pre-ranking your players in an autopick draft?
How do you organize it so that you get a good balance of offense and defense?
If you have like Arod and Wright and Cabrera listed for third, does the computer pick one eventually and just ignore the other 3B positions?
Once a position is filled, does the computer go down the list and ignore the position that's been filled out?
How does pitching tie into it?
RaNe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:18 pm

RaNe wrote:Also, what's a good way of pre-ranking your players in an autopick draft?
How do you organize it so that you get a good balance of offense and defense?
If you have like Arod and Wright and Cabrera listed for third, does the computer pick one eventually and just ignore the other 3B positions?
Once a position is filled, does the computer go down the list and ignore the position that's been filled out?
How does pitching tie into it?

I've never done an autodraft league, so I don't know the answers to most of that. If you do a search for "autodraft" and narrow it down to the Leftovers Forum, you should find quite a few threads about it. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Okay Madison, I got a conundrum here. My yahoo h2h dynasty keeper league is going into its 4th year. After much debate and conversation an inactive manager was ignoring his roster the last 2 weeks. I spent a lot of time trying to get him to be more active and even helping him with ideas for trade offers. He basically decided to give up last week and handed another manager a few categories. This week was the same thing and I've been having to do daily transactions for him for a long time now. So I locked him out fearing that he'd do a mass drop of good players. The team isn't great and needs a lot of improvement for the future. I pretty much refuse to just let managers take the free points every week. As I'm sure you know, after the season starts no new managers can be assigned teams and only the Commish (me) can control it. So I'm proposing that I take over his team rather than just letting it sit there and not improve for the next manager to take it over next year. A some people are against it, others are okay with it, and others don't really care. I think the questions comes if I can be impartial regarding the needs of my team and the needs of newly taken over team? I'm not going to do any trading this team's best players for some of my scrubs or anything and have proposed that any trades (using the WW) be posted on message board and managers can vote against it if the see fit to do so. It'll be another 10 weeks before I play this team head 2 head so I beleive improvment will be seen before then. Maybe when I play myself, another manager could have control on the actions regarding te new team against mine and tell me what to do with it. I really am against just letting it sit there though. Any insight, thoughts, ideas? Thanks!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Madison » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:54 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Okay Madison, I got a conundrum here. My yahoo h2h dynasty keeper league is going into its 4th year. After much debate and conversation an inactive manager was ignoring his roster the last 2 weeks. I spent a lot of time trying to get him to be more active and even helping him with ideas for trade offers. He basically decided to give up last week and handed another manager a few categories. This week was the same thing and I've been having to do daily transactions for him for a long time now. So I locked him out fearing that he'd do a mass drop of good players. The team isn't great and needs a lot of improvement for the future. I pretty much refuse to just let managers take the free points every week. As I'm sure you know, after the season starts no new managers can be assigned teams and only the Commish (me) can control it. So I'm proposing that I take over his team rather than just letting it sit there and not improve for the next manager to take it over next year. A some people are against it, others are okay with it, and others don't really care. I think the questions comes if I can be impartial regarding the needs of my team and the needs of newly taken over team? I'm not going to do any trading this team's best players for some of my scrubs or anything and have proposed that any trades (using the WW) be posted on message board and managers can vote against it if the see fit to do so. It'll be another 10 weeks before I play this team head 2 head so I beleive improvment will be seen before then. Maybe when I play myself, another manager could have control on the actions regarding te new team against mine and tell me what to do with it. I really am against just letting it sit there though. Any insight, thoughts, ideas? Thanks!

Stinks when something like that happens. :-P

As to the solution, what's typically done in this situation is the commish sets the lineup, and that's that. The only time moves are made are due to injuries. In this case with it being a dynasty league I would think if someone was sent back down to the minors, then a move could be made then as well. That's the typical answer for this though. Stinks (even more so since it's so early in the season) that it happened, and it's not the best of solutions, but at least this way his dead team isn't giving anything away for free and no one can possibly try to cause problems with the commish (IE: Collusion or managing the dead team in a way that's beneficial to him).

Hope that helps. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Found a way

GreenFish wrote...

This is it:
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/baseball/cgi_feedback

You can have the team transferred. You need to send the following info:

league ID #
team name
old yahoo ID
new yahoo ID