XBOX Mod Chip - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XBOX Mod Chip

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

XBOX Mod Chip

Postby Spiegs1106 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:30 pm

Does anyone know how to install an Xbox mod chip? If you know how let me know and ill get back to you. Thanx

~Patrick
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:43 pm

I'm sure you could find instructions online, I'm not sure how, but do you play Live at all? If you do, DO NOT INSTALL A MOD CHIP. You will no longer be able to play on Live if you do.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:16 pm

Just google it online and you should be able to find something. And like CF said if you want to play Live don't install it.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Spiegs1106 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:51 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:I'm sure you could find instructions online, I'm not sure how, but do you play Live at all? If you do, DO NOT INSTALL A MOD CHIP. You will no longer be able to play on Live if you do.

why not
Spiegs1106
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 pm

Spiegs1106 wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:I'm sure you could find instructions online, I'm not sure how, but do you play Live at all? If you do, DO NOT INSTALL A MOD CHIP. You will no longer be able to play on Live if you do.

why not

Probably because Microsoft has something encoded to pick up on an altered machine thereby making it impossible for you to use.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:15 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
Spiegs1106 wrote:

why not

Probably because Microsoft has something encoded to pick up on an altered machine thereby making it impossible for you to use.

Sounds right. online servers check to make sure your system is the same as every other system and if it isn't you may be screwed
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pomplona's finest » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:53 am

Well "modders" over XBOX live who cheat in Halo 2 are very annoying and prohibited by live. I don't understand why someone would cheat at a game that is supposed to be fun simply to get better stats.

And by the way acs, I'm not liking how you stole my Iron Chef style. :-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:12 am

pomplona's finest wrote:Well "modders" over XBOX live who cheat in Halo 2 are very annoying and prohibited by live. I don't understand why someone would cheat at a game that is supposed to be fun simply to get better stats.

And by the way acs, I'm not liking how you stole my Iron Chef style. :-D

Sakai is god!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:18 am

I think it's illegal to mod your xbox... isn't this thread the same thing as asking us how to make a pipe bomb or grow weed in your basement? :-?

Search the Internet. I'm sure there's 100 different pages out there on how to do it. Just be careful not to stumble onto the FBIs decoy page :-b
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:03 am

Spiegs1106 wrote:

why not

The server autenticators check for it, and you'll be booted nearly instantly as soon as you try to log on. They had a problem with people modding maps on Halo 2 (Bungie forgot to put in self checkers so people were making different versions of maps on a computer, and then there would be warthogs that acted like Banshees and various other hacks.) But modded Xboxs have never been able to get on Live, so don't do it if you want to keep playing Live.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk