AL wildcard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL wildcard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:18 pm

dyuen87 wrote:come on man, you've got to be joking me with your crap. wright and chacon have given us a good amount of work this season to base our opinions with. you're telling me tat you're certain that foulke who was getting light up like a xmas tree before he got hurt and got smacked around in the minors is gona post amazing numbers down the stretch? im not saying it cant happen, but blank's assumptions have a lot more backing them then your opinion. the only thing not biased about your statement was tat the sox are still the champs.

Surreal. I must be doing something right if I'm getting accused of being biased in favor of the Sox when I am a Yankee Fan. :-? :-D

My point is that the Yankee rotation still has its share of questions, just like the Sox pen. If you can't see that, I cannot help you, guy. But good luck with that. ;-D

MWeir is not a Yankee hater, btw.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:21 pm

I was curious.....in your opinions, what is the A's weakness?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WharfRat » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:39 pm

RynMan wrote:I was curious.....in your opinions, what is the A's weakness?

I think this has been covered before...but I still say the lack of a big, booming offense will hurt them in the playoffs. They don't hit the longball like other teams. They do get on base, but they don't hit for average or power. SLG% is 19th in the league and they're mediocre in extra-base hits, even though their OBP is very good. I'd always thought the Oakland style of offense needed more power to succeed.

Plus, of course, there is the rookie-choke factor. But I believe Blanton and Haren have been strong of late, in the middle of a playoff push, so that tells you something right there.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tribefan13 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:05 pm

After the Yankees loss today. that puts the Indians in first place for the wild card. The Yanks are .5 games back and Oakland if they lose, will be 2 games out. I just hope The white sox clinch the devision by the time they play the Indians. This way their backups will be in and this will help us out a lot and most likely get us in the playoffs. ;-D B-) ;-D
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RynMan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:26 pm

tribefan13 wrote:After the Yankees loss today. that puts the Indians in first place for the wild card. The Yanks are .5 games back and Oakland if they lose, will be 2 games out. I just hope The white sox clinch the devision by the time they play the Indians. This way their backups will be in and this will help us out a lot and most likely get us in the playoffs. ;-D B-) ;-D

Is this the only thread you post in? :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby tribefan13 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:08 am

I am most interested in the A.L. wildcard so I mostly talk here. If there are any other posts that are interesting I will talk there too
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RynMan » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:04 am

tribefan13 wrote:I am most interested in the A.L. wildcard so I mostly talk here. If there are any other posts that are interesting I will talk there too

That's fine. I'm just playin. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Red Stripe » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:45 am

tribefan13 wrote:After the Yankees loss today. that puts the Indians in first place for the wild card. The Yanks are .5 games back and Oakland if they lose, will be 2 games out. I just hope The white sox clinch the devision by the time they play the Indians. This way their backups will be in and this will help us out a lot and most likely get us in the playoffs. ;-D B-) ;-D

Im actually rooting for the Tribe to win the Wild Card, I hate the Yankees and don't really care for the A's. But man the Tribe's pitching has looked awesome lately. A lot of their hitters have stepped it up lately too, Casey Blake is starting to come on strong as well.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tribefan13 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:07 am

This next series will be crucial, it willmake or break their playoff chances. IT will be a tough 3 games against Oakland. Hopefully we sweep and so does Tampa Bay
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:17 pm

Yankees will win WC
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson