AL wildcard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL wildcard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:39 pm

dannyolbb wrote:That could work both ways, though. Foulke has a long history of being a very good pitcher. So does Schilling. Jaret Wright doesn't. Al Leiter is old. As a disinterested observer, I'd rather have the Yankees staff the way they're pitching right now. But I don't expect them to keep pitching so well nor do I expect the Red Sox to continue to struggle so much.

Well said.

Blank - I don't think his opinions/assumptions of the Sox pen are any more unreasonable than your opinions/assumptions about the Yankee rotation. I didn't really understand how you can criticize him for making assumptions when you're assuming that Wright doesn't implode, Moose and RJ stay healthy and effective, Chacon continues to impress after coming down from the mountain, and Wang is able to contribute upon his return.

And the Sox are still the champs.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tribefan13 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:40 pm

This wildacrad chase is turning into something great. I think the Yankess will pass Bostona and Oakland will pass the Angels. This will leave The Angels, Red Sox and Indians fighting for the wild card. THe Indians will win it though because of their easy schedule. Boston will choke!!!
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby vapormike » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:49 am

it ALL depends on how the Yankees do in fenway.
vapormike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tribefan13 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:58 am

ya that will be a big series!!
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:33 pm

WharfRat wrote:
dannyolbb wrote:That could work both ways, though. Foulke has a long history of being a very good pitcher. So does Schilling. Jaret Wright doesn't. Al Leiter is old. As a disinterested observer, I'd rather have the Yankees staff the way they're pitching right now. But I don't expect them to keep pitching so well nor do I expect the Red Sox to continue to struggle so much.

Well said.

Blank - I don't think his opinions/assumptions of the Sox pen are any more unreasonable than your opinions/assumptions about the Yankee rotation. I didn't really understand how you can criticize him for making assumptions when you're assuming that Wright doesn't implode, Moose and RJ stay healthy and effective, Chacon continues to impress after coming down from the mountain, and Wang is able to contribute upon his return.

come on man, you've got to be joking me with your crap. wright and chacon have given us a good amount of work this season to base our opinions with. you're telling me tat you're certain that foulke who was getting light up like a xmas tree before he got hurt and got smacked around in the minors is gona post amazing numbers down the stretch? im not saying it cant happen, but blank's assumptions have a lot more backing them then your opinion. the only thing not biased about your statement was tat the sox are still the champs.
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:54 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:

Well said.

come on man, you've got to be joking me with your crap. wright and chacon have given us a good amount of work this season to base our opinions with. you're telling me tat you're certain that foulke who was getting light up like a xmas tree before he got hurt and got smacked around in the minors is gona post amazing numbers down the stretch? im not saying it cant happen, but blank's assumptions have a lot more backing them then your opinion. the only thing not biased about your statement was tat the sox are still the champs.

You do know that WharfRat is a Yankees fan just like you, right, so how could he be biased? If anything, that was a very impartial statement.

And he didn't say anything about Foulke.. :-?

His point was that blankman's opinions/assumptions have the same backing in relation to those that believe the Sox's pen will do fine, and I'd tend to agree.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Strasil42 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:59 pm

I just saw on sportscenter a few days ago that the red sox have the worst bullpen in the AL.

Interesting.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dyuen87 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:07 pm

mweir145 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:

Well said.

You do know that WharfRat is a Yankees fan just like you, right, so how could he be biased? If anything, that was a very impartial statement.

His point was that blankman's opinions/assumptions have the same backing in relation to those that believe the Sox's pen will do fine, and I'd tend to agree.

of course you would agree. you're a yankee hater, simple as that. he agreed with what the other guy said before, which was talking about the red sox pitching, which includes the pen. last time i checked, foulke was in the boston bullpen. :-?
dyuen87
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:13 pm

dyuen87 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
dyuen87 wrote:
WharfRat wrote:

Well said.

of course you would agree. you're a yankee hater, simple as that. he agreed with what the other guy said before, which was talking about the red sox pitching, which includes the pen. last time i checked, foulke was in the boston bullpen. :-?

A Yankee hater? Me? :-b I mean sure I don't like them, but what does that have to do with anything I have responded too. I also dislike the Red Sox immensely, so how could anything I write have anything to do with being a so-called "yankee hater?"

Are you even reading what I'm reading? WharfRat was responding to a post in which both the Yankees' rotation and the Red Sox bullpen were mentioned.

Have you not yet realized that WharfRat is actually a fan of the Yankees? ;-7
Last edited by mweir145 on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:14 pm

Strasil42 wrote:I just saw on sportscenter a few days ago that the red sox have the worst bullpen in the AL.

Interesting.

Yeah, that is an interesting stat, but the most telling one would be the 3 game lead the Sox have on the Yanks. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers