AL wildcard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL wildcard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:27 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I said it at the break and laughed at myself for saying it but I'll say it again. Don't be surprised if the Indians catch the White Sox. 7 GB with 36 to play for the Tribe and 40 left for the Sox. If they don't catch em, it'll be close.

The Yankees are winning the Wild Card, if not the division. Deal with it. It's happening.

I'd have to agree with this and I'm a big Sox fan. AL wildcard will come from the East. But I don't know why you all are just giving the AL East to the Sox. The pitching is in shambles and the Yanks are just 3.5 back with 40 games left. Granted, this is the latest in the season that Boston has led the division in like a hundred years but I don't bet against Torre, Mo, and Sheff. Plus, there's no way Boston can keep scoring 8 runs a game. The AL east is up for grabs with 2nd place getting the wildcard.
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby AT » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:33 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:I said it at the break and laughed at myself for saying it but I'll say it again. Don't be surprised if the Indians catch the White Sox. 7 GB with 36 to play for the Tribe and 40 left for the Sox. If they don't catch em, it'll be close.

The Yankees are winning the Wild Card, if not the division. Deal with it. It's happening.

I'd have to agree with this and I'm a big Sox fan. AL wildcard will come from the East. But I don't know why you all are just giving the AL East to the Sox. The pitching is in shambles and the Yanks are just 3.5 back with 40 games left. Granted, this is the latest in the season that Boston has led the division in like a hundred years but I don't bet against Torre, Mo, and Sheff. Plus, there's no way Boston can keep scoring 8 runs a game. The AL east is up for grabs with 2nd place getting the wildcard.

:-D

How pissed are you guys gonna be if we knock you out of the playoffs IN fenway the last weekend of the season?

AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:52 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:

How pissed are you guys gonna be if we knock you out of the playoffs IN fenway the last weekend of the season?

I wouldn't know who to cheer for if there was a huge weekend series deciding the AL East. :-b Probably Boston. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:52 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:

Your pitching is in shambles? Hah.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby da1chipo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:38 pm

mweir145 wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:

I wouldn't know who to cheer for if there was a huge weekend series deciding the AL East. :-b Probably Boston. :-D

That would be incredible if the AL east came down to that last series.

My picks for WC

1. Yanks (finally starting pitching is good--though the story of the year has been good streaks and bad streaks...)--unless of course the Yanks win the division, in which case switch them with the Red Sox. The Yankees winning the division is very possible.
2. Indians
3. A's
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:41 pm

da1chipo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
black_hawk8888 wrote:

That would be incredible if the AL east came down to that last series.

My picks for WC

1. Yanks (finally starting pitching is good--though the story of the year has been good streaks and bad streaks...)--unless of course the Yanks win the division, in which case switch them with the Red Sox. The Yankees winning the division is very possible.
2. Indians
3. A's

Those would be my picks as well.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:29 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:[quote

I'd be pretty pissed but I don't think it would knock the Sox out of the playoffs, just demote them to the Wild Card. Chances are that the Yanks won't win the division but after a gazillion years of Boston finishing 2nd I won't bet on it :-b

Either way, nobody will want to face those 2 lineups in the playoffs. The White Sox are collapsing like a cheap tent and the Angels only have 1 bat. Yanks/Sox for ALCS again? :-B
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:52 pm

black_hawk8888 wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:[quote

I'd be pretty pissed but I don't think it would knock the Sox out of the playoffs, just demote them to the Wild Card. Chances are that the Yanks won't win the division but after a gazillion years of Boston finishing 2nd I won't bet on it :-b

Either way, nobody will want to face those 2 lineups in the playoffs. The White Sox are collapsing like a cheap tent and the Angels only have 1 bat. Yanks/Sox for ALCS again? :-B

Man that would be sweeeeeet. ;-D ;-D

Until very recently I was skeptical of the Yanks' chances....but lately both them and Cleveland have been looking great. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd go Yankees, I don't think Oakland can keep up.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:03 pm

I don't think anyone said that they think the Twins will win it. :,-(

It will be very interesting.

It looks like the ChiSox will slide on down once again and may not win the division.

The Twins play Cleveland 6 more times, ChiSox 9 more times, and Oakland 3 more times. Those will all be fun to see what happens.

I hope the Twins pull it off, but the Yanks can't miss the playoffs, can they?
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tribefan13 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:28 pm

The only way Cleveland will win the division is if they do really well against chicago when they play them 6 times at the end of the season. It would be great for the devision to come down to the last game deciding it.
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers