AL wildcard - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

AL wildcard

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL wildcard

Postby tribefan13 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:19 pm

Who does everyone think will win the AL wildcard? I think the Indians will win it. They are really hot right now and have a pretty easy schedule left. They play Kansas City and Tampa Bay several times each still. Look Out Chicago, they may pass you in the Central. Only 8 games back.
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:23 pm

I hope the comment about passing the Chi-Sox was a joke; otherwise this thread sounds like homerism trying to see how many others will agree with 'tribefan' that the Indians will win the AL Wild Card. My money's on the Oakland Athletics, and if not them, the Yankees. Both before Cleveland.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby dannyolbb » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:25 pm

I'll take the A's as well. I'll put them above the Yankees because I don't think that the Yankees pitching (which has been better as of late) will hold up. The Tribe? Nah. They don't have the pitching.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tribefan13 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:27 pm

The tribe not having the pitching.....they have the best bullpen in the American league. How is Chicago doing lately, lost 9 out of their last 10????? ya if the tribe keeps playing the way they are then they easily can win the division. I would put money on them at least winning the wild card. Just wait and you will all see
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:28 pm

8 games is a very tall order. I like Cleveland to win the WC followed by the the A's and Yankees.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 453)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:29 pm

tribefan13 wrote:The tribe not having the pitching.....they have the best bullpen in the American league. How is Chicago doing lately, lost 9 out of their last 10????? ya if the tribe keeps playing the way they are then they easily can win the division. I would put money on them at least winning the wild card. Just wait and you will all see

So this is exactly what I said it was. ;-)

A "just wait and you will all see" thread, as opposed to the "which team do you think" thread, it's masking itself as. :-)

When you're relying on C.C. Sabathia to put in quality starts in the clutch, I pull my money off the table. Give me Harden, Zito, Haren, and even Blanton in the late games all day long. At this point in the season, if you think you're bridging an 8 game gap, like I usually say, lay off the crack pipe. In case you haven't checked a calendar lately, it's August 23rd.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:32 pm

The Jays. :-D (Only 5.5 back) ;-D

Realistically, though, it's going to be the Yankees.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 85)

Postby tribefan13 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:35 pm

Yes i realize 8 games is a lot, but if you look at their schedule, they play Chis Sox 6 more times, and the rest of their games are against tampa bay and Kansas City with a few other teams scattered in there. I want them to make a charge at the division but fall short and just win the wild card.
tribefan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby EnFuego » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:48 pm

Peralta will lead the Indians to the World Series. :-D

Really, I think its going to be the A's.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby uucrook3d » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:00 pm

while a long shot i dont think you can discount the indians overtaking the pale hose in the central division. the white sox have been horrible lately. even their all-star pitching has faltered of late. the indians do have a very weak schedule left. the series between the sox and indians at the end of october is going to be HUGE. that said indians= central winner a's= wild card. just my .02
uucrook3d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers