Cops and cameras still don't mix - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Cops and cameras still don't mix

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:17 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Madison wrote: Normally houses are air conditioned, so the sweating doesn't come into play

You would think I wrote the cops were 100% right in what they did based on you guy's responses to what I wrote. :-/

He wasn't in the house, he was outside.

i read your first post, but your second sounded like you changed your mind, and was a poor devil's advocate if that wasn't your intent. Makes things confusing for those of us that take civil liberties and police abuse more seriously, especially in a seemingly ridiculous circumstance.

I've been so drunk that I woke up peeing in my dogs water dish...so yea you can not know whats going on when wasted.. What idiot would hide in the front yard in a sleeping bag.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:20 pm

RugbyD wrote:
Madison wrote: Normally houses are air conditioned, so the sweating doesn't come into play

You would think I wrote the cops were 100% right in what they did based on you guy's responses to what I wrote. :-/

He wasn't in the house, he was outside.

Ah, I stand corrected. I missed that part. :-/

RugbyD wrote:i read your first post, but your second sounded like you changed your mind, and was a poor devil's advocate if that wasn't your intent. Makes things confusing for those of us that take civil liberties and police abuse more seriously, especially in a seemingly ridiculous circumstance.

Don't misunderstand :-) , I do take police brutality seriously, and if it's proven they went overboard (which it appears they did), then I hope they get the maximum punishment for it.

As to taking civil liberties seriously, I know you are a lot deeper into that kind of thing than I am, so I know I'm out of my depth on that one. For me, it depends on what exactly we are dealing with, as to how serious I get.

Anyway, I was simply pointing out that there was another way to look at this story, that way people didn't just arbitrarily trash people for doing something that the poster might not understand, consider, or even think about. We have a lot of guys who just jump to conclusions without thinking, so I was just showing another side of the coin is all. ;-)
Last edited by Madison on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:21 pm

i respect the police, but if they are guilty of brutality(and it sounds like they are),,,, i hope the 2 do get what is coming to them..... too bad we will never get to see it on TV though,,, as i imagine it will be erased from the COPS show....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:23 pm

So what was this moron doing sleeping on the side of a street? Fricking alcohol.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:52 pm

acsguitar wrote:
I've been so drunk that I woke up peeing in my dogs water dish...

8-o

I hope you at least bought the dog a new dish, because... ewww :-b

I have a friend who got hammered and used a public urinal for a much bigger job. That was pretty hilarious too. :-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Red Stripe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:23 pm

Both are idiots here. The cops shouldn't of just gone up to him and zapped him or whatever happened but that dumbass shouldve listened too, Ive never been drunk enough to not understand what someone was saying.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:56 pm

it's not that he couldn't understand just because he was drunk, he was also dazed from SLEEPING. i can totally understand that.

seems to me the police acted too rashly and quickly. had they yelled at him a couple of more times or something, i'm sure he would've regained his bearings enough to comply.

then again, without seeing the clip, there's no way to tell for sure who's right and who's wrong.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RugbyD » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:42 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:So what was this moron doing sleeping on the side of a street? Fricking alcohol.

It actually seems quite purposeful. He was in a sleeping bag up near the side of a relatives house. He must semi-plan for this sort of thing. Probably drove their hammered and got out to sleep b/c you can get a DUI if you are sleeping in your car while hammered.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:21 pm

RugbyD wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:So what was this moron doing sleeping on the side of a street? Fricking alcohol.

It actually seems quite purposeful. He was in a sleeping bag up near the side of a relatives house. He must semi-plan for this sort of thing. Probably drove their hammered and got out to sleep b/c you can get a DUI if you are sleeping in your car while hammered.

You can also get a DWI for driving while hammered. Lol. :-D

Bet the cops start scouting out that house for awhile. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk