qqqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:25 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:Cornell is an ok school...I live very close to it actually and know a few people who go there.

I really don't have anything to tell you Daq as you said you want to stay east. Northwestern would be my pick....

Ok? Educationally, thats a major understatement.

The campus though, I hated it and the absolute weirdest kids that ever attended my HS go there. I think its rather easy to get into Early; the 18th ranked kid at my school got in there with less than a 1400 Early Decision. Thats relatively sad for an Ivy overall.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:32 pm

Don't worry about making decisions about how to chose after you get in. You'll have plenty of time (about a month) to make your decision once you hear from all the regular decision schools. Lots of schools will have days where they invited accepted students to visit the school in April or May(I forget which).
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby DaQ » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:32 pm

qqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:56 pm

Fight On for ol' SC
Our men Fight On to victory.
Our Alma Mater dear,
looks up to you
Fight On and win
For ol' SC
Fight On to victory
Fight On!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 744)

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:13 pm

blankman wrote:
Mustangs989 wrote:Cornell is an ok school...I live very close to it actually and know a few people who go there.

I really don't have anything to tell you Daq as you said you want to stay east. Northwestern would be my pick....

The campus though, I hated it and the absolute weirdest kids that ever attended my HS go there. I think its rather easy to get into Early; the 18th ranked kid at my school got in there with less than a 1400 Early Decision. Thats relatively sad for an Ivy overall.

I'm talking about the original Cornell :-D

I know nothing about Cornell U except that it's an Ivy League school.

I'll have to give USC a look when I start looking at colleges more in depth O:-)
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DaQ » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:20 am

qqqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby warrick95 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:06 pm

blankman wrote:

Yep, I agree. Cornell, from what I've heard, is the Ivy league school that's easy to get into and hard to get out. It's notorious for its low graduation rate. I have a friend who goes there. He says that there are a lot of weird kids there, but that you'll eventually find some people to hang out with.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DaQ » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:12 pm

[qqqqqqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:16 pm

warrick95 wrote:
blankman wrote:

Yep, I agree. Cornell, from what I've heard, is the Ivy league school that's easy to get into and hard to get out. It's notorious for its low graduation rate. I have a friend who goes there. He says that there are a lot of weird kids there, but that you'll eventually find some people to hang out with.

There's a reason Cornell students kill themselves with depressing regularity... :-o
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Phatferd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:07 pm

DAQ. I know going to the West Coast isn't an option, but let me enlighten you a little bit.

I would go to USC if it weren't for the $35,000 a semester it would cost me.

I am a Broadcast Journalism major (which I think you are) and I as well want to focus on sports. I might change to a Public Relations major though.

First of all, their communications program is good. I know many people in the program and the ones who have graduated have good jobs.

I know one kid who graduated (he was more interested in sports reporting/production) and he has a job working in San Diego right now for a prominent Sports radio station.

About the area outside of the school, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The police do a great job covering the area so the students feel safe and there really aren't any problems. The area may not look pleasent to the eyes, but the area is pretty safe. The campus is beautiful.

BTW, you mention Hollywood as if its a nice place. For those of you not around LA, Hollywood is a sh!thole. There are maybe a couple of blocks that are nice, the rest is a dump.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk