Commish changing my roster w/o consent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Commish changing my roster w/o consent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:19 pm

Hmmm. Well I know in the leagues I run, the Commish has complete powers to correct things as he sees fit and that includes roster moves in absentia if the situation warrants it.

If the league has a must be on the ML DL to qualify rule (CBS League no doubt) I fail to see what the debate is. You are in the wrong and while the Commish should enforce things evenly, I fail to see what you expect him to do? You want him to waive the rule because it is inconvenient to you? Hardly a rationale argument. You can argue to have him force others to do the same with such rapidity the next time it comes up, but unless you are saying you will not make a roster move for the rest of the year, you are obligated to fix the Bentiez situation with your next roster move anyway. Just drop someone and be done with it. You can't possibly go 6 weeks without making a move.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:30 pm

well frankly, you are in the wrong.

Just because others may have broken rules doesn't give you license to. "But officer, the other guy was speeding too" -- granted, that may be the case, but YOU still broke the law/rule and are getting called on it.

He may have missed other infractions, but since it is relevant to a pennant race, noticed your infraction.

I'd suggest following the rules.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby 011472 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:32 pm

Drop a player and move on. It's not worth the headache.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Benitez

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 pm

BaseballFann0008 wrote:no way never be submissive to some tick

Ya those ticks are evil creatures. :-D
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Benitez

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
BaseballFann0008 wrote:no way never be submissive to some tick

Ya those ticks are evil creatures. :-D
tick is a sub for his cousing i really wanted to use ;-7
Hot Chick Draft:
1.01: Scarlett Johansson
2.12: Mila Kunis
3.01: Malin Akerman
4.12: Britney Spears
5.01: Jessica Simpson
6.12: Penelope Cruz
7.01: Tera Patrick
8.12: Christina Milian
9.01: Cameron Diaz
10.12: Lucy Liu
11.1: Jamie Lynn Sigler
BaseballFann0008
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d18Mike » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:26 pm

Can't the Commish just declare the roster invalid until the move is made?

I must say I think the Commish is in the right - but I think making a roster move for someone overstepping things a bit. He should invaldate the lineup until the offender cries Uncle.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby superfly » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:12 pm

wrveres wrote:I hate Power trip commishes ..
fricking dispise them. :-t :-t

And I hate Yankee fanboys.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:27 am

I have to agree with the Commish and the league here.

I understand trying to take the most value into the offseason as possible, but holding a player on your DL when he's not on the MLB DL just isn't cool.

I'd drop a scrub, activate Benitez, and go on with business as usual.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:40 am

wrveres wrote:well if superfly is your commish, it sounds like he is on a power trip, if you want my opinion.

I agree with Amazin that you may be in the wrong here, but he can't change the league constitution in the middle of the season.

A) I would drop a player to rectify the situation.
B) I would look for another league next season. Looking at his IM replies and his subsequent post in this forum, I would never play with a commish that is this much of an A-hole. It is a game and it is supposed to be fun and then there are idiots like this that come along a ruin it for everybody.

just my .02

I hate Power trip commishes ..
fricking dispise them. :-t :-t

I don't think this is a power trip issue at all. TyP61382 is clearly not playing by the rules and even said 9 or 10 of the other league members are in favor for the commish editing his roster.

Why does Yahoo freeze rosters in situations like this? Because he is supposed to drop somebody to make room for the guy on the DL and Yahoo can't choose somebody to drop for him. In other words, by not dropping a player, this guy is taking advantage of a rule that was designed to protect HIS right to choose what player to drop. That's pretty low.

He can't win the league, so he's trying to negatively affect the rest of the league out of spite... at least that's what it sounds like. You know damn well this guy has somebody on his roster that he doesn't care about.

All I know is if this guy was in my league, he wouldn't have to worry about quitting. He wouldn't be invited back.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:39 am

I think if I was in this league I'd be looking for a new league. You're both wrong and acting like my 16 month old twins. At least they're cute when they're picking on each other.

TyP61382 needs to drop the darned player. The rules state that you can't have a player DL'd that's not on the DL in RL and you're just using a loophole to take advantage of the system. And it's not really a loophole so much as a rule that doesn't explicitly state what the penalty for ignoring it is.

Superfly on the other hand decides to go nuclear on you right off the bat...it would have been far more simple to start out with a small penalty (ie not allow any roster moves until the player is dropped) for a week or so and make it clear that if a decision is not made to drop a player within that week THEN the decision would be made for you. Giving a 24 hour window definitely sounds like a power trip to me, especially if the rules are enforced capriciously.

Now, both of you go to your room. I'll be sneaking out the door to look for another league once you close the door.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers