Commish changing my roster w/o consent - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Commish changing my roster w/o consent

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Commish changing my roster w/o consent

Postby TyP61382 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:09 pm

I have nothing left to play for in my dynasty league this season, and have Benitez still on the disabled list. The reason is I have no room to demote Joe Saunders to my minors, and I just can't cut him b/c there is notable interest in him among other members. The trade deadline has passed, and Saunders wasn't even on my roster then anyway.

But my commish has threatened to make a roster move with MY team w/o my consent if I don't activate Benitez by noon tomorrow. This is the same commish that doesn't enforce these things half the time, but of course gets up my ass about them.

Our league constitution does not, in any way, ever lay groundwork to authorize the commish editing, adding or dropping from another roster w/o consent from the other owner. While it does say only DLed players may be on the DL, it says nothing about a time table for activation, basically leaving it up to the owner when to fix it.

Of the 13 other owners, this guy has big time support from 9 or 10 of them, so what should I do?

[16:20] him: you are one of two i have found with roster problems...the other owner has also been asked to make corrections.
[16:21] me: Those problems will be fixed before next season. None of them can be rectified until I can make trades again.
[16:21] him: you can drop someone
[16:22] me: Sure, but that's not going to happen as I'm not going to just drop someone that can get me value in the offseason
[16:22] me: just MYOB
[16:22] him: you have until noon tomorrow
[16:22] me: I'm not doing a thing
[16:22] him: then i will make a move for you
[16:23] me: You do anything to my roster and I am out of here
[16:23] him: the ball is in your court
[16:23] me: leave your !@#%%^& hands off my roster
[16:23] him: noon tomorrow
[16:23] me: whatever, nothing is going to be done on my part
[16:24] him: then you know what will happen
[16:24] me: yeah and you know what will happen too
[16:24] him: so be it
TyP61382
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:17 pm

Sounds like you're going to have to fight him :-?
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:17 pm

i would just drop a player and get benitez active... you are bound to have somebody worth dropping to get benitez and his saves active........
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:18 pm

So why not just activate Benitez and drop a different player....you're going to end up taking him off the DL anyway because he'll do it if you don't

EDIT: Ha I didn't even see your post RUMP...

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:20 pm

If your league constitution says that only players on the MLB DL may be on the league DL then I believe you're in the wrong. Perhaps the commish could have handled this better but you could have conformed to the rules immediately and prevented all of this.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EnFuego » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:21 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Sounds like you're going to have to fight him :-?

Agreed.
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Commish changing my roster w/o consent

Postby superfly » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:21 pm

TyP61382 wrote:While it does say only DLed players may be on the DL, it says nothing about a time table for activation, basically leaving it up to the owner when to fix it.

It does now, noon tomorrow LOL.
superfly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TyP61382 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:22 pm

I have nothing more to play for this year - so his saves don't mean a thing to me til 06.

The bigger point about the constitution is no authorization to make moves for others w/o consent.
TyP61382
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:31 pm

TyP61382 wrote:I have nothing more to play for this year - so his saves don't mean a thing to me til 06.

The bigger point about the constitution is no authorization to make moves for others w/o consent.

yea, but your not wanting to play benitez could actually affect the standings in your league though..... a player could actually not lose a point in the standings, just because you do not want to pull benitez off the DL.... now just think if this team was the league champion whom won your league by a half a point... you would have had a "decision" in who won the league, by not playing the game.....

in a 14 teamer, if you are out of it in late August,,, you should easily have someone very droppable......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:31 pm

well if superfly is your commish, it sounds like he is on a power trip, if you want my opinion.

I agree with Amazin that you may be in the wrong here, but he can't change the league constitution in the middle of the season.

A) I would drop a player to rectify the situation.
B) I would look for another league next season. Looking at his IM replies and his subsequent post in this forum, I would never play with a commish that is this much of an A-hole. It is a game and it is supposed to be fun and then there are idiots like this that come along a ruin it for everybody.

just my .02

I hate Power trip commishes ..
fricking dispise them. :-t :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 642)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers