BRANDON LYON? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

BRANDON LYON?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BRANDON LYON?

Postby madstork43 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:49 am

is this the same guy that went on the DL?

two innings pitched and he has been terrible...

does anyone have any insight on the arizona relief man?
madstork43
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:18 pm

Why the surprise? He was never that great. His decent run to start the year was a surprise actually, especially considering his comeback status. And even then, he wasn't great considering his K rate and WHIP. He doesn't dominate anyone, but just tries to make everyone hit the ball and pray for the best. I owned him in both leagues I play in, and while I was happy enough w/ his help back then, I was constantly wondering when he'll give up the next big inning and eventually lose the closer job. Well, he got hurt instead, and now, it looks like Valverde has the job as it really should be -- and I own Valverde in both leagues. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:33 am

Hes never been great, id drop him. I think Valverde will keep the job all season.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pangbones » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:19 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:Hes never been great, id drop him. I think Valverde will keep the job all season.

i agree with that. I dropped Lyon a long time ago.
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby wp001g » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:15 am

is the common thought in arizona that: valverde will be the closer for the remainder of the season and into next year?

i have the opportunity to trade for him in my keeper league and need saves desperately. i have to give up eaton for him, but dont want to unless he'll be closing next year as well.

any insights? everything i read is mixed on whether he'll have the job once lyon comes out of his funk.
wp001g
College Coach
College Coach

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:06 am

Valverde has the best stuff in that pen. He SHOULD be the closer there in '06. But it's Arizona, man. They're probably about to change managers again. So who knows about next season?
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:37 pm

wp001g wrote:is the common thought in arizona that: valverde will be the closer for the remainder of the season and into next year?

i have the opportunity to trade for him in my keeper league and need saves desperately. i have to give up eaton for him, but dont want to unless he'll be closing next year as well.

any insights? everything i read is mixed on whether he'll have the job once lyon comes out of his funk.

Like the Brewer said, Papa Grande is definitely the best arm in the pen when he's right. He was a very successful closer for us back in 2003 as well. I don't think Lyon will reclaim the closer's role from him this season or next. Barring a trade for a closer, which would be retarded since we have so many other needs, I say Valverde stays.
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates