Harlod Reynolds...The new Peter Gammons... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Harlod Reynolds...The new Peter Gammons...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby theclefe » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:10 am

I have noticed ESPN pushing Buster Onley down our throats. I was going to make a similar thread about him.

Personally, I don't think Reynolds does enough leg work to ever be considered an equal to gammons. A lot of his analysis relies on his playing experience. I rarely see him outside of the studio, talking to players and visiting clubhouses the way Gammons and other writers do. He knows the game, But there has abeen a few times where he made some "common sense" statments that simple weren't true. Things that sound good to a general baseball fan, but is obviously wrong to a fan of the team he was talking about.

I like his presence and commentary, but he is what he is. A desk JOCKey.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rkiivs » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:20 am

Peter is a HOF'er and Harold isn't.

'Nuff said.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:50 pm

Comparing Reynolds to Gammons is grounds for Reynolds to sue for defamation of character.

Comparing someone with a clue like Reynolds to the Boston shill is pretty insulting. Theo Epstein does not tell Reynolds what to say and Reynolds does not pimp the Casey Fossum's of the league for Epstein.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:57 pm

davidmarver wrote:Wait...so are you saying Peter Gammonds used to be your favorite personality? :-?

I'm wondering the same. I'd love to never have to see or hear Peter Gammons ever again; while I enjoy Harold Reynolds whenever I see him, be it on Baseball Tonight, or announcing here or there. He always keeps me interested and engaged in the broadcast. Gammons makes me want to switch to another channel.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers