Return to General Talk

FIREFOX ISSUE

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:50 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:didn't have this problem Lo...the only thing was that firefox rearranged the bookmarks in alphabetical order and not in the order i had them with IE.

sorry...not much help.

No problem. I like them in the order that I am used to in IE but oh well.

Yeah I also like them better in the IE order, but I've been using firefox for a while now and you get used to it. It's not so bad after a while. ;-)

You do realize that you can change the order don't you? Just drag them to where on the list you want them.

Thanks for the tip but isn't that a lot of work if you have a lot of them??

Well yes, but I don't know any other way around it. If you go to Manage Bookmarks, that's an easier interface to do it in and you can create subfolders to organize your bookmarks. ;-D

Also useful is the bookmarks toolbar right below the navigation toolbar. To see it, go View>Toolbars>Bookmarks Toolbar. "Latest Headlines" will be the only thing on the toolbar at first. You can then copy and paste the bookmarks from your bookmarks section right onto the toolbar. This way, you don't have to click on the menu Bookmarks for the sites you use most often. If you don't follow this I can take a screenshot for you. ;-D
Last edited by blankman on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:51 pm

blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:didn't have this problem Lo...the only thing was that firefox rearranged the bookmarks in alphabetical order and not in the order i had them with IE.

sorry...not much help.

Yeah I also like them better in the IE order, but I've been using firefox for a while now and you get used to it. It's not so bad after a while. ;-)

You do realize that you can change the order don't you? Just drag them to where on the list you want them.

Well yes, but I don't know any other way around it. If you go to Manage Bookmarks, that's an easier interface to do it in and you can create subfolders to organize your bookmarks. ;-D

That's cool. Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I would like the option to just keep them in the same order that I had them. I am used to that order. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby blankman » Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

sorry...not much help.

That's cool. Maybe I'm just nitpicking but I would like the option to just keep them in the same order that I had them. I am used to that order. ;-)

Well if you still have IE, you can just redo it in the same order. I added some to the previous post about another nice feature. Definately go read it.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:04 pm

blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

sorry...not much help.

Well if you still have IE, you can just redo it in the same order. I added some to the previous post about another nice feature. Definately go read it.

Thanks. I'll check it out when I have the time. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to General Talk