Red Socks or Pin Stripes - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Socks or Pin Stripes

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:43 pm

He should go in as a Red Sock but it would not surprise me in the least to see him go in as a Yankee.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:49 pm

I think he goes in as a Red Sox or a Stro
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:20 pm

I can see the Red Sox even though I think he'll go in as a Yankee but I think Clemens has a better chance of going into the HoF as a Blue Jay than an Astro. He's had two great seasons with the Astros but I don't think anyone is ever going to associate him with that organization.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WharfRat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:52 pm

Amazinz wrote:I can see the Red Sox even though I think he'll go in as a Yankee but I think Clemens has a better chance of going into the HoF as a Blue Jay than an Astro. He's had two great seasons with the Astros but I don't think anyone is ever going to associate him with that organization.

Assuming he doesn't pitch until he's 50. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:00 pm

WharfRat wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I can see the Red Sox even though I think he'll go in as a Yankee but I think Clemens has a better chance of going into the HoF as a Blue Jay than an Astro. He's had two great seasons with the Astros but I don't think anyone is ever going to associate him with that organization.

Assuming he doesn't pitch until he's 50. ;-D

True. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:20 pm

Didn't he win 2 Cy Youngs for the Jays? So maybe. ;-7
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby dannyolbb » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:27 pm

To me, Clemens will always be a Red Sock. There is just so much emotion/history between the club and Clemens that I can't understand how anyone can associate Clemens with another organization. Even today if someone mentions Roger, my gut tells me that he's a Red Sock.

My question is this: Would Red Sox fans want Clemens wearing their cap in the HOF? I would wager that the answer is a resounding no.

So, what I'm saying is that Clemens has such strong associations with the Sox that he should go in as one, although much of Red Sox Nation may protest.
dannyolbb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Matthias » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:36 pm

dannyolbb wrote:So, what I'm saying is that Clemens has such strong associations with the Sox that he should go in as one, although much of Red Sox Nation may protest.

the nation isn't going to be happy, no matter what happens when roger goes in. if he goes in as a yankee.... ouch. got a wound? pass the salt. and if he goes in as a red sox... they have some animosity to him. but, and i'm thinking out loud here, i think the nation would actually be less offended if he went in with a "B" cap. because they do boo the player that he has become, but also hold onto the young stud that he was for them. also, if he went in under the red and blue, then at least it would be something from the franchise from that era to hold onto. something to walk through and say, "see, son... you see that cap? clemens was nasty when he was young, i tell you."

so it's a bad situation for the nation, but all things considered, probably better if he does go in as a sock.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:52 pm

Matthias wrote: also, if he went in under the red and blue, then at least it would be something from the franchise from that era to hold onto.

Doesn't Boggs give RN that?

I'd definitely love to see him as a Yankee, but that wouldn't really be right. Let's face it, those weren't his best years by any means, rings or no rings.
Last edited by WharfRat on Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby LooseCannon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:00 pm

I'm sure he'd like to go in the HOF as a Yankee.... he helped them win the World Series and does New York ever boo the Rocket....Boston did in the .... I think 99 playoffs....why would you want to go in with the team that booed you when you left... you want to go in as a team that respects you and that's the Yanks...

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers