Jason Werth? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jason Werth?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jason Werth?

Postby Jedimindtric » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:14 pm

Is he a starter for the rest of the season including when Drew comes back. He looks like he has some potential but only if he will start.
Jedimindtric
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BabySitler » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:03 am

Also, what is his contract status... Is he someone the Dodgers are going to hold onto?
"The Greeks didn't write obituaries, they only asked one question: Did he have passion?"

2014 50% off CBS http://cbssports.com/ref/49902950
BabySitler
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dodger Blue » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:17 pm

BabySitler wrote:Also, what is his contract status... Is he someone the Dodgers are going to hold onto?

When they first got him that was that plan. He was a highly thought of prospect in the Jays organization. He has got potential but is hurt consistently. Unless your in a really deep league he doens't have much value IMO. I have him in a super deep league and he hasn't lived up to my expectations.
Dodger Blue
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eftda » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:23 pm

Dodgers have said that if he still has a hot bat when Drew gets back, then they'll find a place for him.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stevethumb » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:41 pm

WHEN drew gets back ?!! that will be in april...jwerth is an excellent option in NL only leagues and some deep mixed
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:44 am

Dodger Blue wrote:
BabySitler wrote:Also, what is his contract status... Is he someone the Dodgers are going to hold onto?

When they first got him that was that plan. He was a highly thought of prospect in the Jays organization. He has got potential but is hurt consistently. Unless your in a really deep league he doens't have much value IMO. I have him in a super deep league and he hasn't lived up to my expectations.

the guy can't stay healthy. :-[ he was a highly thought of prospect even when he was in BAL. they jays traded him to the dodgers for jason frasor and i think the jays might have got the better part out of that deal. frasor closed some games last year and has been decent this season, not spetacular, but at least he plays. werth has less than 230 ABs this year and i think that's quite disappointing...we know he's got some pop on that bat, but he won't be a viable option in most league until he shows he can stay healthy.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Fool42 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:26 pm

Even though he's a good OF he may end up at 1B. No rumors or articles to back me up just a gut feeling based on the Dodgers problems at the position coupled with Werth's propensity to get hurt in the OF. I could be way off but that's what I think should happen.
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:07 pm

Fool42 wrote:Even though he's a good OF he may end up at 1B. No rumors or articles to back me up just a gut feeling based on the Dodgers problems at the position coupled with Werth's propensity to get hurt in the OF. I could be way off but that's what I think should happen.

Its my guess that they are probably going to move Kent to 1B full time, next season. The have a bunch of options for MI, and nobody seems to be claiming that 1B job.

As for Werth, he was an average OF prospect who has lived up to that billing, average. He has some value in deeper leagues and def. in NL only leagues. His health remains a concern, but he does have a little pop and a little speed. Think of him like a Jacque Jones.

as far as his contract goes ... I think the Dodgers hold all of his arbitration years still, so he is not going anywhere, unless he is traded.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1149)

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:57 pm

Im not too big of a fan of him for the future, but I think hell be a good option from here on out for lots of teams. Hes been hot lately, hes actually stealing bases now too.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:35 pm

for the future, i consider him more or less a late round flier for deep teams... but i did pick him up for todays game in a league due to my team being short a few games at my OF spot......
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers