More curious than anything, why did TBay waive Lugo? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

More curious than anything, why did TBay waive Lugo?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ScythehandsVoxslayer » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Ron Santo wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:If the Yanks claimed him and he got pulled back, there will be no waiver trade. Sit tight, sports fans, Lugo will remain a Devil Ray. Nothing to get riled up about.

Exactly right man. I have no idea why people are freaking.

Uh, at the time most of had nothing to go on but the thread title. I thought there was something up.
Curt Schilling: [i] My main is a 49 Monk named Scythehands Voxslayer, and my alt's name is Cylc, Dwarven Cleric 19th level.[/i]
ScythehandsVoxslayer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:32 pm

MMoNeY24 wrote:It's too funny seeing people panic over this. :-D

Usually teams put most of their players on waivers just incase they want to deal through a waiver trade. I know for a fact the Mets put Wright and Reyes on waivers and shortly after they were claimed, they pulled them off. It's not something to go nuts over since it's pretty common.

That's right. A lot of big name contracts get put on waivers but the teams have no intention of letting the player go. I know that almost every year that he was in Toronto, Delgado got put on waivers and had to be pulled back every time.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers