Anyone worried? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Oakland A's

Anyone worried?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Half Massed » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:51 pm

RynMan wrote:By the way, Blanton is just outstanding. I didn't even have him down for an ERA under 4.50...let alone what he is doing now. Street or Blanton has to be the rookie of the year.

Also, maybe if me and you HM put our savings together we could buy Swish a hit or two. ;-7 Poor guy is in a deep funk.

He needs to pull out of that...Happens to the best of us I guess. I mean, at least he got that big hit in the great come back game against Seattle earlier. As for the rookie of the year, it should be someone on the A's. Street, Blanton, Swisher, Johnson...They all have legitimate shots at it. Although Swish and Johnson are hurting their chances with these slumps. If we make the playoffs, Street'll get it I think. Actually, He'll probably get it as long as he doesn't collapse in these next few weeks,
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:53 pm

Half Massed wrote:If we make the playoffs, Street'll get it I think. Actually, He'll probably get it as long as he doesn't collapse in these next few weeks,

Yeah, I really think Street deserves it. ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:45 am

Heh, this is officially the biggest thread in the A's forum. Just a little sad, but oh well.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:42 pm

Haha, true that.

I hate Ken Macha. Left Zito in too long again. Should have taken him out before that jam even happened. Nice work Ken. I hope they dont resign him. How do you feel about him HM? Im I a little off with my impression?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:28 am

I'm a little mixed about him. I think he mishandles pitching sometime, but over all he's done a very good job. He's pretty good with offense and defense, well most of the time, but I think he second guesses his choices on pitching. He doesn't trust our bullpen so much, so he'll leave our starters, who are good so there's some reason behind it, in too long. I feel he'd rather have his starter mess up than his bullpen. Overall though, I can't complain. We're doing a lot better than I thought we'd be doing in the beginning of the year. I was expecting us to be in contention, but not seriously if that makes sense. I thought we'd have a chance, but not so great as we have now. Some of the credit belongs with him. When a team so far outpreforms most expections the manager definitley has something to do with it. There are better managers, but there are more worse ones.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:59 pm

Half Massed wrote:I'm a little mixed about him. I think he mishandles pitching sometime, but over all he's done a very good job. He's pretty good with offense and defense, well most of the time, but I think he second guesses his choices on pitching. He doesn't trust our bullpen so much, so he'll leave our starters, who are good so there's some reason behind it, in too long. I feel he'd rather have his starter mess up than his bullpen. Overall though, I can't complain. We're doing a lot better than I thought we'd be doing in the beginning of the year. I was expecting us to be in contention, but not seriously if that makes sense. I thought we'd have a chance, but not so great as we have now. Some of the credit belongs with him. When a team so far outpreforms most expections the manager definitley has something to do with it. There are better managers, but there are more worse ones.

yeah I guess you're right. Although prior to this season I did predict the A's to win the West, and still stand by that. It was hell in the offseason trying to defend the A's.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:00 pm

What an aggravating loss last night. Why did Macha pull Cruz for Yabu?? I understand Cruz was sucking, but it's Yabu... Well, gotta credit him for trying something, but I would never have turned to Yabu in a huge pressure situation in September when he hasn't played in one all year, but that's just me.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:18 am

Half Massed wrote:What an aggravating loss last night. Why did Macha pull Cruz for Yabu?? I understand Cruz was sucking, but it's Yabu... Well, gotta credit him for trying something, but I would never have turned to Yabu in a huge pressure situation in September when he hasn't played in one all year, but that's just me.

Agreed. Another illustration of why you don't intentionally load the bases. I don't care if it was Ortiz. :-t
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:27 pm

Well, we're eliminated, and as dissapointed as I am, I can say I'm happy with this season. We made the strong run for the playoffs lasting pretty far into September with a legitimate shot at making it. Considering Beane wasn't even trying to get to the playoffs this year--hence the lack of trading for a righty bat at the deadline--things are looking good for the future. We exceeded expectations this year and I give the ol' ;-D to the team despite our fade at the end here.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:18 am

If you would have told me in May or June that they would have been 4 games out of the playoffs the last week of September, let alone contending for the division, I would have said you're nuts. Overall this season was a huge success IMO. If everyone (Crosby, Harden, Kotsay in particular) can stay healthy, the division is theirs for the taking in '06. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Oakland A's