Anyone worried? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Oakland A's

Anyone worried?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Real_Deal_Ryan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:42 pm

I just read Crosby has a fractured ankle. Talk about a bad break. Hopefully A's can hold it together and keep the Yankees from making the playoffs! :-D
Real_Deal_Ryan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:52 pm

Real_Deal_Ryan wrote:I just read Crosby has a fractured ankle. Talk about a bad break. Hopefully A's can hold it together and keep the Yankees from making the playoffs! :-D

:,-(

The A's started their hot streak when Crosby came back from the DL this year....so with him out its a little concerning. Kotsay and Harden aren't 100% so it might be a little rough ahead.

And yeah, as long as the Yankees don't make the playoffs I think we will all be happy. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:48 am

Yeah, they really seemed to turn it around when Crosby and Harden came back from the DL the first time. :-/
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Half Massed » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:55 am

RynMan wrote:
Real_Deal_Ryan wrote:I just read Crosby has a fractured ankle. Talk about a bad break. Hopefully A's can hold it together and keep the Yankees from making the playoffs! :-D

The A's started their hot streak when Crosby came back from the DL this year....so with him out its a little concerning. Kotsay and Harden aren't 100% so it might be a little rough ahead.

And yeah, as long as the Yankees don't make the playoffs I think we will all be happy. :-D

Dropping two of three to them doesn't help :-/

However it is most certaintly true.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Half Massed wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Dropping two of three to them doesn't help :-/

However it is most certaintly true.

It doesn't help at all! But I am just not sold on their starters. I think they can all do an AL Leiter at any stage and implode. Chacon wasn't bringing great stuff at all the other day but we just hit terribly. Zito just hung too much stuff.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:34 am

This is all true, but they still took the series. We could have beaten them, but we didn't, this time at least. Maybe next time we face them we'll be in the midst of a hot streak and sweep them. Ah sweet revenge...

It's tough to lose Crosby, but we can't let ourselves fall apart now... Hopefully our historically good Septembers holds true.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:40 am

Dammit!!!! We NEED to take these games off teams like Seattle. Especially on days where we have been blessed to see both the Yanks and Angels lose. Man this offense is skitzo. I also think Macha left his starter out there too long....AGAIN. :-t
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:04 pm

Is this the beginning of another hot streak for the A's? Two in a row going into tonight, hopefully we can continue to put up good amounts of runs in Texas and carry that over.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:54 am

Half Massed wrote:Is this the beginning of another hot streak for the A's? Two in a row going into tonight, hopefully we can continue to put up good amounts of runs in Texas and carry that over.

I dunno, I only saw the box score but it seems like the A's didnt hit all that much today, just strung them together when they did. We need Crosby back. :,-(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:56 am

By the way, Blanton is just outstanding. I didn't even have him down for an ERA under 4.50...let alone what he is doing now. Street or Blanton has to be the rookie of the year.

Also, maybe if me and you HM put our savings together we could buy Swish a hit or two. ;-7 Poor guy is in a deep funk.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Oakland A's