Anyone worried? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Oakland A's

Anyone worried?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anyone worried?

Postby Half Massed » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:34 am

Anyone worried about our recent skid? I'll only be if we get swept by the Royals :-o :-o :-o

Well, as a team the A's have a very noticebly better record with Swisher in the lineup than without him, so that may be part of the problem. A big part of why we win is because our lineup has no easy outs, so when people struggle it creates problems. We should pull out of this soon, I hope...
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:24 am

Put me down for slightly concerned. Swept by the O's at home wasn't great, at least Toronto held the Angels down pretty well. But I think you are dead right, when the team is at full strength it functions so much better. Crosby and Swisher have really shown to be keys to this offense. DJ is in a funk right now and it seems like Payton is the one really carrying the team. But Chavy and DJ will get hot again, and hitting is contagious. Can't wait though, things are looking good IMO! ;-D

Man the pen is stacked!

Rincon is horrible. :-P
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:21 am

Ok, I'm a little worried now. We need to be beating up on the Central. :-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Half Massed » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:53 pm

I'm not terribly worried, but I will be if our offense continues to struggle, especially since we don't have the easiest schedule coming up.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:19 am

Good to see the boys bust things out a little tonight! :-D Is Macha going to platoon Kendall?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:50 am

Woo, what a game so far... Kielty in the 11th, man the A's are hot. I'm no longer concerned about them, despite the ups and downs.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:58 am

I wish I saw it. :,-(
The biggest conern I have is Harden and his injured Lat. Other that that the offense is performing fantastic. We really need these games in Anaheim.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:23 pm

RynMan wrote:The biggest conern I have is Harden and his injured Lat. Other that that the offense is performing fantastic. We really need these games in Anaheim.

Ditto. :-o I'd like to see the offense be a little more consistent from game to game, but when it clicks, it really clicks. Zito has looked absolutely amazing the last 5-6 times I've seen him. You have to give props to Colon though, 9.1 innings of one run ball? 8-o Overall, I think they've still got their flaws (namely offense) but then again so do all the other teams in the AL, as do the Cardinals. If the offense can get rolling and stay hot in the playoffs, this could finally be the year. I think winning this year would be sweeter than any of the other years. They deal Hudson and Mulder so no one *cough* Yankee homers *cough* can use that to prop up their arguments against Beane and the offense is a bunch of rookies and cast-offs from other ball clubs. :-)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:07 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
RynMan wrote:The biggest conern I have is Harden and his injured Lat. Other that that the offense is performing fantastic. We really need these games in Anaheim.

Ditto. :-o I'd like to see the offense be a little more consistent from game to game, but when it clicks, it really clicks. Zito has looked absolutely amazing the last 5-6 times I've seen him. You have to give props to Colon though, 9.1 innings of one run ball? 8-o Overall, I think they've still got their flaws (namely offense) but then again so do all the other teams in the AL, as do the Cardinals. If the offense can get rolling and stay hot in the playoffs, this could finally be the year. I think winning this year would be sweeter than any of the other years. They deal Hudson and Mulder so no one *cough* Yankee homers *cough* can use that to prop up their arguments against Beane and the offense is a bunch of rookies and cast-offs from other ball clubs. :-)

Yeah Im constantly hearing about the offense, especially since most of my buddies are Yankee fans. Their only argument is that the A's offense is weak - they are suprised to find out that they are 6th in Runs Scored. But yeah, they could be a little more consistent.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Half Massed » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:20 pm

Honestly consistancy won't matter if we are on a hot streak into and through the playoffs, assuming we get there. Even if we struggle a bit through mid-September, but find it again in the end, I think we could go places. I agree that this year would be sweeter than most of the others. Also, supposing we keep the same core of guys, imagine what we can do in upcoming years... 8-o
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Oakland A's