Felix Hernandez auction value for next year in mags - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Felix Hernandez auction value for next year in mags

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Felix Hernandez auction value for next year in mags

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:38 pm

I was wondering for next year how much they'll suggest in magazines and other fantasy baseball sites to spend on Felix next year. Do you think they'll base the price off his potential or based on how he did this year?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 pm

I guess I should explain why I need to know this.

I'm in the 2nd year of a keeper league. We've always only kept 5 players at the end of each year. We don't like this style because you don't get to watch your young guys develop. Right now we're using Yahoo Plus to run our league. Next year, we're going to CBS and we're going to have a salary cap league.

Instead of starting over totally with our teams, I will record the rosters of every team at the end of this year. Then, when the new auction values come out for next year, we decide on who we want and who we let go and have to work with a salary cap.

I ask this question because I'll deal Pedro this year for Felix right now if Felix will be between 3 and 10 dollars instead of Pedro at 25-30. If Felix will be cheap, I'll offer that now because it's worth it for the next few years. If he's going to be expensive based off his predictions and upside, I'll just stick with Pedro this year and see what happens next year.

So, back to my original question: Where do you see Felix's value being next year? Low and based off his experience from this year or high and based off of his potential?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:40 pm

i dont know what value they will give him but any good source will factor in his potential when coming up with a value. it will likely be a medium to med-high value. good upside but some uncertainty.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:43 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:i dont know what value they will give him but any good source will factor in his potential when coming up with a value. it will likely be a medium to med-high value. good upside but some uncertainty.

So based off how we're doing the league next year, would you suggest trading Pedro for him this year to get the value for him for years?
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Webster11 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:27 am

Probably a little higher than Greinkes was entering this year... Trading Pedro for him would be a huge gamble. His salary will definetely be lower and he has many more years ahead of him but pitching prospects are by no means a sure thing.
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:08 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:i dont know what value they will give him but any good source will factor in his potential when coming up with a value. it will likely be a medium to med-high value. good upside but some uncertainty.

So based off how we're doing the league next year, would you suggest trading Pedro for him this year to get the value for him for years?

ummm..... HECK NO....Felix is not worth a stud yet...he's just not proven

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hawgvike » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:00 am

8IP 9K 5H 2ER 1BB, dude, seriously how much more proving can this guy be?
hawgvike
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehat » Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:38 am

Hernandez may not be priced like a stud pitcher yet...but make no mistake, he's the real deal. Assuming he comes out of this season intact, he's a top 20 pitcher next year, minimum.

The guy has unhittable stuff and the only thing that can prevent from superstardom is health, so we'll just hope that slate stays clean.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:05 am

i will be shocked if felix is not valued at around $20 or so... he is the very best pitching prospect in 20 years and he will be a stud for many years to come.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Melo255 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:26 am

hawgvike wrote:8IP 9K 5H 2ER 1BB, dude, seriously how much more proving can this guy be?

The guy is loaded with potential and I love him and think he will be outstanding but open your eyes. He has pitched in FOUR GAMES. You think 4 games makes a career? Every young pitcher goes through bumps and so will he. If you expect that line every night at 19 or 20 lay off the drugs.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers