O-Dog - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

O-Dog

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

O-Dog

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:54 am

I'm glad that we didn't trade him and I have a couple of arguments for JP to keep that stupid idea out of his head:

#1 Jeff Kent - All Star 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, MVP 2000
1992 the Jays trade him and Ryan Thomson to the Mets for David Cone.

#2 Michael Young (2B until this year) - All Star 2004, 2005
2000 the Jays trade him to the Rangers for Esteban Loaiza.

#3 Ceasar Izturis (played 2B for the Jays) - All Star 2005
2001 the Jays trade him and Quantrill to the Dodgers for Luke Prokopec.

Since Robbie left in 1995 this is who we have had playing 2B
1996 Tomas Perez .251 1 HR 19 RBI
1997 Carlos Garcia .220 3 HR 23 RBI
1998 Craig Grebeck .256 2 HR 27 RBI
1999 Homer Bush .320 5 HR 55 RBI
2000 Homer Bush .215 1 HR 18 RBI
2001 Homer Bush .306 3 HR 27 RBI
2002-2005 O-Dog

O-Dog may never be as good as Kent or Young but he is a leader with the best glove in the league. The pitchers love him and if you add the runs he has saved to his RBI total, he would be a 130 RBI man. JP don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Keep O-Dog!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:03 am

I totally agree that they should keep Orlando. The guy is just such a leader on and off the field. His glove is amazing and he's turning into one of the best defensive 2nd basemen ever. I was a little mad when there were rumors of JP dealing Hudson. He saves games for us countlessly. I'm really still a bit mad about the Young trade way back, but what can you do?

We've got O-Dog ;-D

PS. He's been hittin' the ball well lately. B-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:08 am

go_jays_go wrote:PS. He's been hittin' the ball well lately. B-)

yes, he has. ;-D

he was actually one of my picks to have a breakout season this year...ahhh...not happening. !+)

his AVG has really come around the last couple of months, hitting .357 in july and above .300 for august...the guy plays unbelievable defense, i'm also glad they haven't traded him.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:

yes, he has. ;-D

he was actually one of my picks to have a breakout season this year...ahhh...not happening. !+)

his AVG has really come around the last couple of months, hitting .357 in july and above .300 for august...the guy plays unbelievable defense, i'm also glad they haven't traded him.

I think he would be a very good hitter if he hits solely from the left-side. His right-handed hitting numbers are weighing down his left ones. I'm projecting him as a great #2 hitter for the Jays next year if he keeps this up.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 am

mweir145 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

yes, he has. ;-D

I think he would be a very good hitter if he hits solely from the left-side. His right-handed hitting numbers are weighing down his left ones. I'm projecting him as a great #2 hitter for the Jays next year if he keeps this up.

true...not so much on the AVG...but the SLG. :-°

i thought he would be a decent leadoff hitter, but i just dunno anymore. he has a career .322 OBP batting leadoff while adams, who i didn't think was gonna do a good job leading off and has been very good, has a .374 OBP. o-dog's OBP is actually lower at the 2 hole than batting leadoff. i dunno if he feels more confortable batting down in the order, but his numbers are just better when batting 6th, 7th or 8th.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mweir145 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:07 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:

yes, he has. ;-D

true...not so much on the AVG...but the SLG. :-°

i thought he would be a decent leadoff hitter, but i just dunno anymore. he has a career .322 OBP batting leadoff while adams, who i didn't think was gonna do a good job leading off and has been very good, has a .374 OBP. o-dog's OBP is actually lower at the 2 hole than batting leadoff. i dunno if he feels more confortable batting down in the order, but his numbers are just better when batting 6th, 7th or 8th.

I don't think he's played enough in the 2 spot to look at the stats as a way to check how he's doing there. Though, I wouldn't be unhappy with him hitting 6,7 or 8. He just has to hit more consistantly, and he will be fine.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays