Warning for users of Internet Explorer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Warning for users of Internet Explorer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:questions from me: Where is the "history" bottom in Firefox.

Ctrl + H

CubsFan wrote:Umm, bad decision dude. Some sites dont work in Firefox, and IE was made like part of the the Windows OS (which is why it starts up so fast compared to FF), and uninstalling it can destabilize your OS...

It will only destabalize your system if you are incompetent at uninstalling programs. Keeping IE around for the occasional page compatability problems is unfortunately a neccessary evil ATM though.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:42 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:questions from me: Where is the "history" bottom in Firefox.

2nd: is it possible for menyak to fix Firefox's problem with this site's smiley, font, etc...(minor problems, but still problems)

I'm afraid that's for the Firefox guys to fix. ;-)
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:44 pm

Amazinz wrote:I really like Firefox (the layout, functionality) and have tried to bring myself to use it a few times but the HTML rendering engine for Mozilla is still so damn slow. Firefox kicks butt on the bells and whistles but for pure page rendering IE is still king and I'll take my chances until that changes. But I'm pretty good about keeping up-to-date. I update (or at least check for) Windows updates every day. !+)

This might help: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 580#698580
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:00 pm

menyak wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I really like Firefox (the layout, functionality) and have tried to bring myself to use it a few times but the HTML rendering engine for Mozilla is still so damn slow. Firefox kicks butt on the bells and whistles but for pure page rendering IE is still king and I'll take my chances until that changes. But I'm pretty good about keeping up-to-date. I update (or at least check for) Windows updates every day. !+)

Thanks Menyak but the referred to thread doesn't seem to exist anymore? Either that or I'm blind. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:
menyak wrote:

Thanks Menyak but the referred to thread doesn't seem to exist anymore? Either that or I'm blind. :-)

I'm guessing blind? It worked for me... :-?

And I think I'm going to switch to firefox as well, at least to compare.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:16 pm

Alright, this should be the one:

http://castlecops.com/t120865-Firefox_A ... mands.html

2nd from top
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:18 pm

Half Massed wrote:I'm guessing blind? It worked for me... :-?

That's great unfortunately I don't know what worked for you. I read the stickied thread as well as both announcements and was unabled to find the SPEED-UP section they were referring to.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:21 pm

menyak wrote:Alright, this should be the one:

2nd from top

Ahh yes Im blind. I scanned right over it. Thanks. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby menyak » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:23 pm

menyak wrote:Alright, this should be the one:

2nd from top

Before you do anythin (probably too late now O:-) ) two things...
- Jot down the old setting so that if something goes wrong, you can return to what you had before
- Initially, that tweak worked like a charm for me, but I just checked my own settings and was surprised to find that those are not my current settings, although my Firefox is still blazingly fast. Which makes me wonder if you have the *latest* version of Firefox installed (1.0.6) - possibly, the speed issue has been generally resolved in one of the latest updates. :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:35 pm

I verified the version and I do have 1.06. I don't have a speed issue, I have snooped the connection and I am communicating at similar speeds with IE, Firefox and Opera. My problem is that the page renders instantly inside IE but with Firefox there is a hesistation while everything "pops" in. Not really a big deal it just annoys me. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk