Warning for users of Internet Explorer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Warning for users of Internet Explorer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LooseCannon » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:11 pm

Firefox add-on.....I have a question for everyone.... I love to listen to iTUnes when I'm surfing around the internet and I was wondering if there was a program that turns off the volume for the internet when playing games or whatever...Any free ones.??

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:19 pm

I guess this is one of the few benefits that being out of the mainstream (aka "owning a Mac") provides.

Most normal virues and problems don't even affect me... :-°

BTW, this is why monopolies are bad, and this is why we really need a strong competitior against Microsoft in the market place. The fact that one little programming hole can affect so many people is simply not acceptable.

:-t
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:58 pm

StlSluggers wrote:I guess this is one of the few benefits that being out of the mainstream (aka "owning a Mac") provides.

BTW, this is why monopolies are bad, and this is why we really need a strong competitior against Microsoft in the market place. The fact that one little programming hole can affect so many people is simply not acceptable.

Maybe if Mac didn't take 20 FREAKING YEARS TO MAKE A 2 BUTTON MOUSE WITH A FRICKING SCROLL WHEEL. No one wants to be a strong competitor to Microsoft. Mac tried. They failed. Thats why they've changed to be more of the trendier and more tech advanced, plus MP3 players and other stuff like that, and not so much computers. (Even though I think Macs are ugly, a lot of people don't. I really don't see whats so fricking special about that white color. Black>White)
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:03 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:I guess this is one of the few benefits that being out of the mainstream (aka "owning a Mac") provides.

Maybe if Mac didn't take 20 FREAKING YEARS TO MAKE A 2 BUTTON MOUSE WITH A FRICKING SCROLL WHEEL. No one wants to be a strong competitor to Microsoft. Mac tried. They failed. Thats why they've changed to be more of the trendier and more tech advanced, plus MP3 players and other stuff like that, and not so much computers. (Even though I think Macs are ugly, a lot of people don't. I really don't see whats so fricking special about that white color. Black>White)

I never said that Mac should be that competitor. There are a lot of things that I do not like about Mac, the least of which is the fact that I have a very hard time messing around with their registry information. They say it's user-friendly, but the reality is that Macs are made for people who don't want to understand how computers work.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:28 pm

I really like Firefox (the layout, functionality) and have tried to bring myself to use it a few times but the HTML rendering engine for Mozilla is still so damn slow. Firefox kicks butt on the bells and whistles but for pure page rendering IE is still king and I'll take my chances until that changes. But I'm pretty good about keeping up-to-date. I update (or at least check for) Windows updates every day. !+)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:09 pm

I used to have quite a few problems with IE, but running Firefox for the last 6 months or so has been smooth sailling. ;-D
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby baseball6791 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Mac pride baby ;-) One question though, is firefox a large improvement over Safari as well as IE?

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:36 pm

baseball6791 wrote:

Mac pride baby ;-) One question though, is firefox a large improvement over Safari as well as IE?

I've had problems running Firefox and IE on my Mac to the point that I had to un-install them and now run only Safari. But I loathe Safari just as much as others loathe IE. I get the friggin' spinning pizza of death if I do anything too quickly. But it has tabbed browsing and built-in pop-up blocking, so it's not a total waste...
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:44 pm

questions from me: Where is the "history" bottom in Firefox.

2nd: is it possible for menyak to fix Firefox's problem with this site's smiley, font, etc...(minor problems, but still problems)
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rirruto » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:45 pm

PlayingWithFire wrote:questions from me: Where is the "history" bottom in Firefox.

2nd: is it possible for menyak to fix Firefox's problem with this site's smiley, font, etc...(minor problems, but still problems)

The history bottom?
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk