The difference maker - Zack Duke - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The difference maker - Zack Duke

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Niffoc4 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:49 am

I read he recently cleared 160 innings on the season between the majors and minors, which was his previous career high...After Sean Burnett and Van...whatever and Vogelsong all got hurt I can't blame the Pirates for being careful... its not like Duke will lead them to the playoffs or anything
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:27 am

Yeah, since I own him in my dynasty-like keeper league, I too would much rather they play it safe w/ him than stretch him out too much this year. I could still use his help though in both leagues I'm in, but I could probably manage if they shut him down after another few starts.
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby vivoqc » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:03 am

considering Duke might get shelfed cause of too many innings should i bother picking him up off waivers and drop vasquez/schmidt?
vivoqc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby vivoqc » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:04 am

considering Duke might get shelfed cause of too many innings should i bother picking him up off waivers and drop vasquez/schmidt?
vivoqc
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:56 am

They are not going to shut Duke down. No way. If they do that, he'll end up like Perez did when they wouldn't let him pitch in winter ball. I say let the guys pitch whenever it's their turn.

If anything, that means they'll give him an extra day of rest here and there. When Perez comes back they'll have six guys they can use...maybe they'll just go with a six man rotation for the rest of the year. Who knows with Lloyd. :-b
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rainman23 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:57 pm

vivoqc wrote:considering Duke might get shelfed cause of too many innings should i bother picking him up off waivers and drop vasquez/schmidt?

I cannot believe Duke is available on the waiver wire. If it's a 2 man league, he ought to be in somebody's rotation. Dropping Vasquez for him is as easy a decision as you'll ever have.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers