Puff Puff Catch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Puff Puff Catch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:28 am

Why shouldn't he admit to it? It's ridiculous enough that drugs, especially marijuana, have the stigma that they do in this country, he's a grown man, he should be able to smoke or drink whatever he wants without having to worry what other people think about him. To me this is a little like a player admitting that they get drunk once in a while...other than being against the law there really not that much of a difference in what they do to your body between weed and alcohol.

Also, I think it's a requirement to play for the Raiders that you have to fail a drug test at least once in your career. Between Moss, Janikowski, Romo, and D. Russel they've had just about every substance imaginable covered in the last few years.

Anyway...smoke on Randy, it's obviously not preventing him from excelling at playing football, so the team shouldn't care.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:35 am

Randy just doesn't wanna get lost behind the whole Owens fiasco. Moss is the best reciever and he wants to be in the spotlight, even if in a negative way.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:25 am

WharfRat wrote:X-I X-I X-I

We should revive that mj thread, Madison isn't convinced!


Let's not. :-b

Image
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby PlayingWithFire » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:33 am

I am...you know...very...you know...surprised ;-7
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13262
Joined: 7 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Manhattan, KS

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:37 am

Oh my god, you mean athletes smoke weed too? And look at porn, like Brady? But thats not possible! I mean, dear god, they are role models! Whats next? Palmeiro takes steroids, and Damon Stoudamire smokes the Ganja? No, that'll never happen.... ;-7
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby perlick29 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:04 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
perlick29 wrote:The guy is 28 years old and has been in the league 10 years.

hrmm, I doubt that is possible......

Anyways, Randy does what he pleases, period. ;-7 :-t


whoops got the years in the league wrong. Good catch. ;-D
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby RyanK » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:17 pm

davidmarver wrote:Randy just doesn't wanna get lost behind the whole Owens fiasco. Moss is the best reciever and he wants to be in the spotlight, even if in a negative way.


agreed, he likes the spotlight and doesnt like the media following TO so much
Image
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 2839
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:23 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:Why shouldn't he admit to it? It's ridiculous enough that drugs, especially marijuana, have the stigma that they do in this country, he's a grown man, he should be able to smoke or drink whatever he wants without having to worry what other people think about him. To me this is a little like a player admitting that they get drunk once in a while...other than being against the law there really not that much of a difference in what they do to your body between weed and alcohol.

Also, I think it's a requirement to play for the Raiders that you have to fail a drug test at least once in your career. Between Moss, Janikowski, Romo, and D. Russel they've had just about every substance imaginable covered in the last few years.

Anyway...smoke on Randy, it's obviously not preventing him from excelling at playing football, so the team shouldn't care.


Art, I think you may be my new favorite poster here. Your posts are well organized and always make a point.

I agree with your comments almost 100%. My stance on the substance is well documented here.

I have no problem nor do I care what Moss does. However, stating that he puffs to the public is not the smartest thing to do. It most certainly will effect his marketabilty, unless he's the new spokesman for High Times magazine. It can also lead to legal problems down the road if he is actually caught possessing the stuff. I can see it now, cops pull him over and find a burning bone in the ashtray. Wouldn't suprise me one bit.





Legalize it! Then Tax it out the Arse!
Image
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2516
Joined: 17 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Basking in the Sunshine

Postby Art Vandelay » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:54 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Why shouldn't he admit to it? It's ridiculous enough that drugs, especially marijuana, have the stigma that they do in this country, he's a grown man, he should be able to smoke or drink whatever he wants without having to worry what other people think about him. To me this is a little like a player admitting that they get drunk once in a while...other than being against the law there really not that much of a difference in what they do to your body between weed and alcohol.

Also, I think it's a requirement to play for the Raiders that you have to fail a drug test at least once in your career. Between Moss, Janikowski, Romo, and D. Russel they've had just about every substance imaginable covered in the last few years.

Anyway...smoke on Randy, it's obviously not preventing him from excelling at playing football, so the team shouldn't care.


Art, I think you may be my new favorite poster here. Your posts are well organized and always make a point.

I agree with your comments almost 100%. My stance on the substance is well documented here.

I have no problem nor do I care what Moss does. However, stating that he puffs to the public is not the smartest thing to do. It most certainly will effect his marketabilty, unless he's the new spokesman for High Times magazine. It can also lead to legal problems down the road if he is actually caught possessing the stuff. I can see it now, cops pull him over and find a burning bone in the ashtray. Wouldn't suprise me one bit.





Legalize it! Then Tax it out the Arse!


Thanks. Everytime I wander my way over here to the general talk forum I feel like I'm standing alone most of the time, which is par for the course I guess...my views seem to clash with the mainstream thought on most subjects. Anyway, it's nice to know that out of the hundreds of people who post here there are at least two with a lick of sense (I don't use the faces, so I don't know which one is sarcasm...but imagine it here).

Anyway, I agree with you that it is not the smartest thing to do, but I think it is good for the big picture. Moss is a great player, and he's now playing on a team that will most likely not punish him for smoking or talking about it, so I'm glad he is willing to be honest and maybe this will lead to some of the stigma surrounding weed to be re-examined. I don't even smoke weed, but I fully support people who do.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:03 am

Art Vandelay wrote:Anyway, I agree with you that it is not the smartest thing to do, but I think it is good for the big picture. Moss is a great player, and he's now playing on a team that will most likely not punish him for smoking or talking about it, so I'm glad he is willing to be honest and maybe this will lead to some of the stigma surrounding weed to be re-examined. I don't even smoke weed, but I fully support people who do.


Yep, stars and role models coming out and saying that they willingly and knowingly break the law is good for this country. ;-7

(this smiley--> ;-7 is the sarcastic one, by the way)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact