Movie Theater Disgrace - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Movie Theater Disgrace

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby WharfRat » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:37 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:It's a kids movie fer cryin out loud - the kids are crackin up screaming and asking their parents what is going on, crying for more popcorn, spilling their drinks...it's a baby mosh pit. Who could ever notice one person laughing louder than the others? But more importantly, it wasn't Lost in Translation - it was a comedy about Penguins.

March of the Penguins really isn't a comedy, its a nature documentary.

Maybe the waddling penguins were funny.

You guys don't even know this movie. I saw it, I can comment. This was no children's movie - it was deep. It was powerful. I didn't just learn about penguins -- I learned about myself. These magnificent, wretched creatures, who look like they're wearing tuxedos....As far as penguin movies go, in the rich genre of penguin films, this was the Citizen Kane. And believe me, I KNOW penguin films.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:41 pm

The Citizen Kane of Penguin movies. Very classic. You're right I had no idea what it was and just assumed it was the next installment of Madagascar or some other animated cartoon. ;-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:27 am

Wow, a big :-t to this whole story.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby EnFuego » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:08 am

WharfRat wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:It's a kids movie fer cryin out loud - the kids are crackin up screaming and asking their parents what is going on, crying for more popcorn, spilling their drinks...it's a baby mosh pit. Who could ever notice one person laughing louder than the others? But more importantly, it wasn't Lost in Translation - it was a comedy about Penguins.

You guys don't even know this movie. I saw it, I can comment. This was no children's movie - it was deep. It was powerful. I didn't just learn about penguins -- I learned about myself. These magnificent, wretched creatures, who look like they're wearing tuxedos....As far as penguin movies go, in the rich genre of penguin films, this was the Citizen Kane. And believe me, I KNOW penguin films.

:-D ...I took my sister to see it and it was real good. Morgan Freeman baby!!!
EnFuego
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:05 am

RugbyD wrote:my point was just that you didn't seem to make the distinction between obnoxious people and those who don't/can't know better.

and to wharf: i understand your point, but i don't think its fair to compare crapping in a pool to laughing at a G-rated comedy.

If he doesn't know better, it isn't his fault, but that doesn't mean everyone else who has paid money to see the movie should have to sit through a distraction like that. I mean, if he was kicked out then obviously he had to be very distracting.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:16 am

WharfRat wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

My bad then. I assumed from this quote:

"He was laughing, but he really wasn't much louder than any of the other kids," she said.

That it was a kids comedy.

It goes to show you that journalists always always have an agenda and you just can't trust most of what you read.

Kids, whether they have CP or not, should not be taken to serious movies. Regardless of how well-behaved they are, they just can't behave in a movie theatre. Kids should only be taken to kids movies and they should be asked to leave a serious movie if they are laughing and there are adults there trying to pay attention. This is the parents' fault.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:20 am

Mookie4ever wrote:it's a baby mosh pit.

That gave me the funniest mental image. :-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WharfRat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:05 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

My bad then. I assumed from this quote:

"He was laughing, but he really wasn't much louder than any of the other kids," she said.

That it was a kids comedy.

It goes to show you that journalists always always have an agenda and you just can't trust most of what you read.

Kids, whether they have CP or not, should not be taken to serious movies. Regardless of how well-behaved they are, they just can't behave in a movie theatre. Kids should only be taken to kids movies and they should be asked to leave a serious movie if they are laughing and there are adults there trying to pay attention. This is the parents' fault.

I was just kiddin Mook, I have no idea what this movie is. I figured that would be apparent from the retarded post. I was a little :-S last night. ;-D

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AT » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:01 am

I've been in theaters where people have been loud and obnoxious before, we've all been there. This is just disgusting though...March of the Penguins? What the hell do they think is going to happen?!? Kids are going to laugh, and be annoying, and bitch, and moan, and cry, spill sodas all over the place etc...

It's not worse than when you go to see some movie and you have 5-6 grown people giving play by play comment at normal volume 5 rows behind you that leads to about 85 full head turns from in front of them.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:04 am

Mookie4ever wrote:It goes to show you that journalists always always have an agenda and you just can't trust most of what you read.

Also, this is total BS I might add, but that's neither here nor there.

WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk