radke sucks - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

radke sucks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

radke sucks

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:10 pm

why are the twins wasting every 5th day with this nincompoop?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kcs261 » Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:45 pm

They are giving him a longer leash because of what he has done in the past. That said, nobody should give him the benefit of the doubt the Twins are. He is definitely WW material at this point, and totally unworthy of being in anybody's lineup.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:11 pm

I'm a Twins fan, and I don't get their 'til death do us part philosophy surrounding Radke/Milton/Mays. Once, about 4 years ago, they looked like they might be a nice little 1-2-3 combo. Rogers and Reed? Why??? For fantasy puposes, I consider all 5 nearly useless. Don't want 'em, won't draft 'em, won't claim 'em on the wire.

Lohse is their best SP, and Santana would be their best if they let him. If Milton got and stayed healthy he has a chance of contributing, but I doubt I'll take the risk.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:21 pm

Yeah, Radke sucks. And I'm not too high on Joe Mays either right now. It seems to be the obvious choice that Minnesota should already have made, but I still believe Santana will be in the starting rotation and it won't be too long from now.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: radke sucks

Postby LCBOY » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:35 pm

benjapage wrote:why are the twins wasting every 5th day with this nincompoop?

b

The Twins are clowns, that's why!!! Can you imagine if they drafted Mark Prior instead of Joe Mauer in 2001! The'd be a force to reckon with in the postseason! That still confounds me that they skipped over Prior just because on money concerns. Sometimes you have to sacrafice now for the long term payoff. I think 10-12 years of Prior in the Twins rotation is worth the $4 million that the Cubs paid. OK enough of my rant...
Last edited by LCBOY on Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:39 pm

Over the years, the Twins have won with Brad Radke on the bump, even though he isn't that good. Though he's won a lot of games some years, his ERA is always up in the 4.00 area. Rick Reed and Eric Milton are effective usually, but Gambler and Joe Mays are definitely junkballers.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Re: radke sucks

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:20 am

LCBOY wrote:
benjapage wrote:why are the twins wasting every 5th day with this nincompoop?

b

The Twins are clowns, that's why!!! Can you imagine if they drafted Mark Prior instead of Joe Mauer in 2001! The'd be a force to reckon with in the postseason! That still confounds me that they skipped over Prior just because on money concerns. Sometimes you have to sacrafice now for the long term payoff. I think 10-12 years of Prior in the Twins rotation is worth the $4 million that the Cubs paid. OK enough of my rant...

The Cubs gave Prior a $4 million signing bonus. Plus it took a 5 year $10.5 million contract. That is $14.5 million the Twins would have had to spend. That is alot for a team with a payroll of $40.2 million to spend.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Return to Baseball Leftovers