Playstation 2 Problem! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Playstation 2 Problem!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Playstation 2 Problem!

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:14 pm

Calling all PS2 owners I need your help.

My PS2 is screwed. I put in the game and it just either doesn't read it, or brings up an error message. I have searched the net and have discovered that the problem is common and happens with every PS2 at some stage (great to hear your product has a limited lifetime). Everywhere on the net are these frikin guides that tell you to open the console and try adjusting the lens and clean it etc but nothing has worked. I'm at breaking point.

Question.

Has anyone had the same problem and fixed it somehow?

Should I just give up, buy another PS2 (used or new)?

Should I buy a new laser off ebay and try installing it? Im positive its the laser.

Any input greatly appreciated! Please share your experiences!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:25 pm

Are there any deep scratches on the games your putting in?
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:27 pm

Mine was doing the same thing at the beginning of this summer and NCAA was just about to come out, so I went ahead and bought a new one. I dunno if that's any help, though...... :-?
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:29 pm

I called SONY, explained my problem, and they waived all fees for me to send it in, get it fixed, and sent back. Took several weeks, though, from the time it went out til the time it came back. Over a month, at least.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I called SONY, explained my problem, and they waived all fees for me to send it in, get it fixed, and sent back. Took several weeks, though, from the time it went out til the time it came back. Over a month, at least.

Same thing my brother did, although his only took two weeks. That is why I go Xbox ;-D .
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby eftda » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:35 pm

What can I say? You buy crap, you get crap ;-)

I kid, I kid :-b

My friend went through the same thing. He went to a best buy, bought a new PS2, stuck his old one in the new box and returned it saying it was broken. He had to do this 3 times and one day he went out and bought an xbox.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:38 pm

Mine is 3 or 4 years old though....I doubt Sony will be keen to fix it for me.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:52 pm

RynMan wrote:Mine is 3 or 4 years old though....I doubt Sony will be keen to fix it for me.

I did this maybe a year and a half ago. However, my PS2 is a 1st Generation console, which were buggy as hell, which may have contributed to them waiving all fees, etc. However, a call can't hurt, right? Worst they can say is no, or tough cookies.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 836)

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:02 am

bigh0rt wrote:I called SONY, explained my problem, and they waived all fees for me to send it in, get it fixed, and sent back. Took several weeks, though, from the time it went out til the time it came back. Over a month, at least.

Same thing for me. I did that last summer I believe and got everything paid for.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:11 am

bigh0rt wrote:
RynMan wrote:Mine is 3 or 4 years old though....I doubt Sony will be keen to fix it for me.

I did this maybe a year and a half ago. However, my PS2 is a 1st Generation console, which were buggy as hell, which may have contributed to them waiving all fees, etc. However, a call can't hurt, right? Worst they can say is no, or tough cookies.

I have also tampered with the internal components of mine though. Everything is how it was but I have broken the seal etc. You think they will still be co-operative?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk