PTI over SC? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

PTI over SC?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:55 am

It wouldn't surprise me at all if PTI got higher ratings. SC needs to stop doing all this self-promoting crap and get back to showing me the highlights. Around the Horn is awful. It is like PTI without the intelligent conversation. Just a bunch of blowhards yelling at each other. I can get that on local talk radio if I wanted to hear it. The reason PTI works is because it is just 2 guys/friends talking about sports. They argue sometimes but they don't take opposing viewpoints on purpose just so they can argue. The show doesn't work without Kornheiser and Wilbon either. Whenever there is a guest host PTI isn't close to the same show. PTI is by far the best thing on ESPN. :-°
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:57 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if PTI got higher ratings. SC needs to stop doing all this self-promoting crap and get back to showing me the highlights. Around the Horn is awful. It is like PTI without the intelligent conversation. Just a bunch of blowhards yelling at each other. I can get that on local talk radio if I wanted to hear it. The reason PTI works is because it is just 2 guys/friends talking about sports. They argue sometimes but they don't take opposing viewpoints on purpose just so they can argue. The show doesn't work without Kornheiser and Wilbon either. Whenever there is a guest host PTI isn't close to the same show. PTI is by far the best thing on ESPN. :-°

I couldn't agree more. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:10 am

keller man is horrible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:41 am

i much prefer PTI and ESPNews over SC and around the horn.... imo around the horn is the worst show in TV history.... :-t
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:10 am

i dont really care for pti. guess i am the only one.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby shiboboo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:49 am

I guess i'm in the minority here. I watch ATH almost daily. I could care less about PTI. I rarely watch a full PTI show. I'm not going to comment on Kellerman because I don't remember waht the show was like wiht him, if that says anything about the show when he was host.
shiboboo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby perlick29 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:07 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if PTI got higher ratings. SC needs to stop doing all this self-promoting crap and get back to showing me the highlights. Around the Horn is awful. It is like PTI without the intelligent conversation. Just a bunch of blowhards yelling at each other. I can get that on local talk radio if I wanted to hear it. The reason PTI works is because it is just 2 guys/friends talking about sports. They argue sometimes but they don't take opposing viewpoints on purpose just so they can argue. The show doesn't work without Kornheiser and Wilbon either. Whenever there is a guest host PTI isn't close to the same show. PTI is by far the best thing on ESPN. :-°

I couldn't agree more. ;-D

This is a great sentiment that I share and I also question why a 6pm SC is needed when nothing happens during the day, so they hype everything fo that evening up or cover the same deadstick stories like TO steps on a waterbug, will he get sued? Or Barry Bonds sets a new record for reversing his stance on if he's coming back or not, with flip flopping in just 12 seconds! :-P
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:33 pm

I like PTI, and ATH is ok but they need to throw off people like Woody Paige :-b
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BigMusky » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:00 pm

I just know that Skip Bayless is the bane of the sports world.

I do like PTI and wish it was on during the evening so I could actually see it.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:18 pm

BigMusky wrote:I do like PTI and wish it was on during the evening so I could actually see it.
That's what I don't get, you're telling me they couldn't clear half and hour on the ESPN2 around 9 or 10.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk