PTI over SC? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

PTI over SC?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

PTI over SC?

Postby da1chipo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:53 pm

The PTI format has been changed, with part of the show taking place a few minutes through SportsCenter. Leads you to believe PTI is getting better ratings than SC, doesn't it?

PTI is much better than SC by the way (its easily the best sports show), but its really annoying not to be able to finish the show normally.

What do you guys think?
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:58 pm

Around the Horn was better than PTI when Kellerman was on the show. Reali killed around the horn.

I think PTI is pretty good but not better than SC, just my opinion.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:09 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Around the Horn was better than PTI when Kellerman was on the show. Reali killed around the horn.

Totally agree.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:15 pm

I'll take PTI and ESPNews over SC anyday. I just make sure to watch Dan Patricks interviews when I can. For example his last one with Kurt Warner was pretty good if anybody saw that.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Red Stripe » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:23 pm

PTI kills SC, Its nice to have an opiniated show around for a change with guys actually getting into good heavy discussions(like ATH which I have never really liked anyway because of the format but Statboy sucks on it.) I mean SC is full of a bunch of no name guys who probably don't know too much about sports, just sound good and they majored in speech or forensics or something, Lol. :-b Bring back Patrick and Mayne, they were awesome. Now all you got left is Mr. Stuart "Lazy Eye Ebonics" Scott and Chris Berman who doesn't realize that his cute little nicknames are getting old.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby da1chipo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:25 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Around the Horn was better than PTI when Kellerman was on the show. Reali killed around the horn.

Really? Around the Horn? I've always thought PTI to be much better, Kellerman or not.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:30 pm

da1chipo wrote:

Really? Around the Horn? I've always thought PTI to be much better, Kellerman or not.

Yep, I wouldn't even watch PTI when Around the Horn still had Kellerman, I miss those days. :-/
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:31 pm

da1chipo wrote:

Around the Horn has always been the ugly bastard stepchild of PTI, and always will be. PTI is the pimpest show on ESPN, or any network for that matter. And, if anything, Reali has made ATH more watchable than that assclown Kellerman ever could have. If you've ever heard this guy on the radio, chances are you'd share the same sentiment for his dumb ass as myself. The only real knowledge he has is with boxing, of which he somehow manages to constantly compare everything to in a snooty, better than thou manner. Maybe that ruined his run with ATH for me, who knows.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby da1chipo » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
da1chipo wrote:

Around the Horn has always been the ugly bastard stepchild of PTI, and always will be. PTI is the pimpest show on ESPN, or any network for that matter. And, if anything, Reali has made ATH more watchable than that assclown Kellerman ever could have. If you've ever heard this guy on the radio, chances are you'd share the same sentiment for his dumb ass as myself. The only real knowledge he has is with boxing, of which he somehow manages to constantly compare everything to in a snooty, better than thou manner. Maybe that ruined his run with ATH for me, who knows.

Well put, though a bit harsh at times...
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LooseCannon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:35 am

I think SportsCenter is much better than PTI, although I really like PTI and Kornheiser....I think JRIB is the best show now.....(but only when he's there)

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk