Player you hate the most in 05 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Player you hate the most in 05

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:59 pm

LouisC9999 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I am also not happy with Kevin Mench for breaking Halladay's leg.

I can say the same thing about Buehrle for beaning Pronk :-t :-t :-t

I'm still waiting for the pre-All Star game Pronk to show up.

So can I. That hurt both of my teams. Especially since after my draft in h2h I traded Dunn and Webb for Pronk. Just as that trade was looking good for me Hafner gets beaned and Dunn goes on fire.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trot Nixon » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:39 pm

Schmidt, Schilling, Huff (traded him Carlos Lee in the offseason :-t ) C-Patt!!!!!! (kept him instead of Reyes because all of Reyes' injuries so I guess I hate him too)
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:12 pm

DLee... Schilling and RJ

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stumpak » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:54 pm

Yoda is right, anyone from SoCal would have seen Beltre's tank season coming a mile away. This is a guy who never produced anything unless:

--it was his contract year
--the Dodgers moved him down the order to wake him up
--the Dodgers brought in another qualified 3B to wake him up
--the Dodgers overtly threatened to bench him to wake him up

It is amazing how any of the above who launch Beltre on a hitting tear.

A lot of people use the appendix issue up as an excuse. Sure this was a life-threatening health problem and meant he was less tan 100% for an entire seasons, but the above causes of periods of production held true throughout his entire career in LA, and he was as healthy as a bull for 80% of his time with the Dodgers.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:06 pm

stumpak wrote:Yoda is right, anyone from SoCal would have seen Beltre's tank season coming a mile away. This is a guy who never produced anything unless:

A lot of people use the appendix issue up as an excuse. Sure this was a life-threatening health problem and meant he was less tan 100% for an entire seasons, but the above causes of periods of production held true throughout his entire career in LA, and he was as healthy as a bull for 80% of his time with the Dodgers.

Well, I honestly thought he turned the corner 04. He was just a different hitter last season from his previous years and this year. He should have been the NL MVP IMO and he carried me to another championship.

I was hopeful that he would at least be a .300-30-100 guy but he isn't even close right now. He may have a few better seasons but I know I won't be counting on it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stevelabny » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:20 pm

Chad Cordero
and Chris Carpenter

Both are on the team in front of me in the standings. Cordero is just nonsense, and Carpenter makes me mad cuz I had him way back when on the Blue Jays, I had him last year for his triumphant return, and I had every intention of drafting him this year, but I let him go in the draft. He came up very late, so it wasn't even a lot of money. I figured "whats the worst that could happen if i let him slide? He slightly improves on last year?" sigh.

and Jhonny Peralta.
The guy in front of me jumped on him early and then cut him, I tried to pick him up , but lost the bidding war in a tie (tie breaker is standings)

On my team?
Nobody. My team might have some bums and misfits, but theyre my bums and misfits. ::Gives Carlos Beltran a hug::

Last year was the first year I didnt have Beltran on my fantasy team, and my usual late comeback petered out. This year, Im sitting in second, just mere points out of 1st...and all I need from Carlos is a few good weeks. So unlike these other whiners, I stiill believe. :-D
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Not as big of a name as the Beltre's and RJ's and Beltran's. I did have high hopes for C.C. Sabathia though. Traded for him or drafted him in every league. And every report that would come out that would say "Sabathia throws 100MPH 4 times in game" would make me think, ok he's gonna turn it around soon. Never happened. He's now been on and off other teams that think he's a good risk pickup. They can have him. Even if he throws 4 CGSO in a row I won't have him back.

OK, maybe if he has 4 CGSO in a row I'll think about it. :-D
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:48 pm

Beltran
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby nmarq8 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:15 pm

thome :-t
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rainman23 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:52 pm

Yoda wrote:
stumpak wrote:Yoda is right, anyone from SoCal would have seen Beltre's tank season coming a mile away. This is a guy who never produced anything unless:

Well, I honestly thought he turned the corner 04. He was just a different hitter last season from his previous years and this year. He should have been the NL MVP IMO and he carried me to another championship.

I was hopeful that he would at least be a .300-30-100 guy but he isn't even close right now. He may have a few better seasons but I know I won't be counting on it.

That's the thing. Sure Beltre may have some more great seasons in his future. But anyone who drafts him expecting it to be this coming year (whether it's 2006, 2007, whatever) is just asking to be disappointed, and wind up writing "I hate Beltre" threads. Smart owners will not be overreaching for this guy.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers