Player you hate the most in 05 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Player you hate the most in 05

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Player you hate the most in 05

Postby RynMan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:31 pm

blankman wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:I cannot freaking stand Beltre. Every time he seems to get it going, he just flops. Today for instance. He hits a big grand slam in his first at bat. Then he goes oh fer rest of the way.

I don't care if he is ever awesome again. He is one guy I will absolutely avoid for the rest of my life. What a bust.

When did we start considering 25 year olds busts?

Beltre will be fine. He'll have an entire season in the AL under his belt, where he saw the pitching, the parks, the whole shebang. Give him another season or two and we may see some seasons ranging near what he did last year, if not matching them. I don't think it was a fluke in the slightest.

I don't believe that. Even at 25, I don't think he ever repeats that year.

How bout in the final year of his contract? ;-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:I cannot freaking stand Beltre. Every time he seems to get it going, he just flops. Today for instance. He hits a big grand slam in his first at bat. Then he goes oh fer rest of the way.

I don't care if he is ever awesome again. He is one guy I will absolutely avoid for the rest of my life. What a bust.

Beltre will be fine. He'll have an entire season in the AL under his belt, where he saw the pitching, the parks, the whole shebang. Give him another season or two and we may see some seasons ranging near what he did last year, if not matching them. I don't think it was a fluke in the slightest.

Age doesn't mean crap in his case. 05 is right in line with what he's done his entire career. Don't hold your breath that he will return to 04 b/c it ain't happening.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:10 am

Shea Hillenbrand.
No, really ... both times I've played his owner H2H the dude has gone Stan Musial on me with a .485, multiple-homer week. It only sticks in my mind because Hilly has also killed me in past years. Some strange karma going there. :-?
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:48 am

I hate the ww guys I could have scooped up but didn't, because I didn't want to drop anyone for them. Some of them were-

Ensberg, Barmes, Utley, Buerhle, Fuentes, and most lately, Peralta.

Other guys who are ticking me off this season (I don't own)- M-Cab, D-Lee, P-Bur, Man-Ram, and Doo-Rag.

And of course I hate Beltran's guts but that goes without saying.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:22 pm

In a word, Beltre
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:24 pm

Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Age doesn't mean crap in his case. 05 is right in line with what he's done his entire career. Don't hold your breath that he will return to 04 b/c it ain't happening.

It must be nice for age to suddenly not mean crap, when it fits your argument. We'll see down the road a few seasons who's right and who's wrong. Anybody claiming a 25 year old isn't going to amount to anything in the future is being entirely too short-sighted, IMO.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:30 pm

Thome and Bonds cost me $29 each in my auction league $260 cap. Nothing like flushing 20% of your payroll down the toilet.

I am also not happy with Kevin Mench for breaking Halladay's leg.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Postby LouisC9999 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I am also not happy with Kevin Mench for breaking Halladay's leg.

I can say the same thing about Buehrle for beaning Pronk :-t :-t :-t

I'm still waiting for the pre-All Star game Pronk to show up.
LouisC9999
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AT » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:58 pm

2 players:

Ken Griffey Jr.
(I dropped him in April and the team that is about to pass me for 1st picked him up in May)

Paul Konerko
(I traded him for CC Sabathia in early May when he was hitting .230. In my H2H league he's owned by the team in 2nd who is right up my ass)
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:58 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Yoda wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

It must be nice for age to suddenly not mean crap, when it fits your argument. We'll see down the road a few seasons who's right and who's wrong. Anybody claiming a 25 year old isn't going to amount to anything in the future is being entirely too short-sighted, IMO.

Well, you need to do some research before spouting off. I live in SoCal and followed Beltre pretty closesly since he was a high prospect. He started when he was 19 and took him 7 years to finally live up to that promise. Beltre's 04 is one of the best seasons I can remember in recent history.

It's not about who's right or wrong. It's about knowing the chances of Beltre living up to his 04 again. Given his sharp peak and equally sharp decline (and guess what? 05 is right in line with 6 other seasons in his career), it's safe to assume that 04 was more than likely his peak season and he won't ever come close. I feel pretty confident about that.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers