Piazza - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Piazza

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Piazza

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:10 pm

I haven't seen a report myself but on the Mets fan site is reporting per WFAN that Piazza has a hair line fracture in his hand. Day to day but not going on the DL.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sunspot » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:32 am

Thats all I heard too. Don't you think it is strange for them to say that a fracture could only be a couple days? I mean, when is the last time that you saw a guy with a hairline fracture not go on the DL?
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:42 am

They are probably going to keep him off the DL until Castro needs a day off. As soon as they need to call a Catcher up (if it takes that long) they will retroactively DL him then. I'm not really sure how serious hair line fractures are or how long they take to heal.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:16 pm

It's official now. Piazza going on the DL retroactively and DiFelice is getting called up.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby benjapage » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:41 am

drop piazza, then? i mean, it's a broken HAND. how effective can he be upon return?

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Sunspot » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:03 pm

Yea, how long till he could be affactive again, I don't care when he's back. He he won't be affective for me this year again, I can't waist my roster spot on him. It is bad enough that I had to keep him in this week because I didn't have anyone else to drop in order to pick up a catcher. If anyone has a clue as to if he will be affective again this year, let me know please....thanks.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Well there aren't going to be too many catchers on the waiver wire that have the upside of Piazza. So I would stash him on the DL if you can but if you can't I wouldn't hesitate to drop him for a replacement. There are too many question marks right now just to hold onto him if you need the spot for a productive player.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby benjapage » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:32 pm

would you rather have him on your DL slot, or craig wilson? at least craig's not coming back from a broken hand...i'm just having a lot of trouble believing that mikey "pert" piazza's going to be able to just wash that pain right out of his hair.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Amazinz » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:47 pm

It's a hair line fracture not a full blown break. So far the reports coming out of the Mets camp are fairly positive but that's all I know.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:14 pm

Sounds about like the same injury Yadi had. He was on the DL about a month.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates