jeff francoeur - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

jeff francoeur

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby reiser » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Sultans of Squat wrote:
reiser wrote:what are you talking about? there's at least 4 or 5 very productive players right now who never walk-Jose Guillen (21 walks this year), Sorioano (90/20 K/BB), Aramis Ramierez, Garrett Anderson annually never takes a walk. etc.

I too am surprised pitchers aren't being more aggressive with him, but it's certainly not very rare for major leaguer's to rarely walk.

If Francoeur actually walked even *once* -- well, ok, he'd probably have to walk a few times before people stop talking about it :D -- then this would not be such an issue. Can you define "rarely walk" please? Like once in a while or never having done it?

Well Soriano looks like the lowest with 31 BB a year being his 3 yr AVG-so what, once every 20 AB roughly?

hey if you want to see the wheels about to come off someone, watch Chacon his second time around the AL :)
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:29 pm

Francoeur walked!!! After 130 plate appearances he has drawn a walk.

Sure, it was intentional but at least he didn't swing at any of them. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Sultans of Squat » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:42 pm

I don't know. I think this should count as his 2nd IBB since the HBP issued by Duke sure felt like a quick and easy IBB -- hit him on the first pitch albeit in 2nd plate appearance that game. ;-) I wonder how far off the plate Otsuka had to toss the ball for that IBB. :D
Sultans of Squat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:37 am

Sultans of Squat wrote: I wonder how far off the plate Otsuka had to toss the ball for that IBB. :D

it was just a regular ole IBB pitch,,, but the picture that ESPN showed of francoeurs daddy being so happy about it was hilarious..... jeff also got some big hugs in the dugout after he scored by his braves teammates for the walk...... that picture of his daddy was awesome though imo(very comparable to the looks of people that just won a million dollars or so :-b ).....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers