How would you feel? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How would you feel?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:16 pm

TyP61382 wrote:Their justification was, it wasn't "forseen" as an issue before the year.

I fail to see how there's an "issue" with this in the first place. Makes no sense.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:40 pm

blankman wrote:
TyP61382 wrote:Their justification was, it wasn't "forseen" as an issue before the year.

I fail to see how there's an "issue" with this in the first place. Makes no sense.

Some dynasty leagues do not use minor league rosters which makes waiver position extremely important and obviously Sep 1. is a big time of the year in these type of leagues (I'm in one) because the MLB rosters expand and a lot of players become available.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:34 pm

It's a dynasty league and your commish didn't see this coming?

Sounds like a poor excuse to me. I wouldn't believe that for a second.

As to the commish, either replace them at the end of the year, or join a different league. Changing rules midseason is not how it's done.
Last edited by Madison on Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby warrick95 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:36 pm

That's clearly wrong. Period...nothing more to say about it.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dorje3 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:37 am

Sorry.
Volquez was just called up too.
Not trying to add salt to the wound.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:05 am

Amazinz wrote:I disagree. As soon as someone pulls a move like this they are not fit to be commissioner. Move on. If he's not all about fair play and is willing to do this once then he will do it again. I'd rather play in a fair and competitive league than a league of friends.

Agree. This is wrong. Period. End of discussion.

Year-long strategies (like getting to #1 priority for the 9/1 call-up date) are based on rules established prior to the season. You just don't unilaterally change these rules as you see fit. And any person that does so doesn't understand the concepts of fairness or fantasy sports and, as such, is not fit to be commissioner. If he doesn't understand that, then he needs to be replaced or you need to find another league. Because if this guy pulls something like this this year, who knows what he'll pull in future years (like deciding, after the season starts, that he gets to have final decision on all trades).
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers