Zelda fans will have to wait. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Zelda fans will have to wait.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:51 pm

stevethumb wrote:geeez, i really am an ol'fart...i thought this was gonna be an F.Scott Fitzgerald thread :*)

Zelda Fitzgerald doesn't hold a candle to Legend of Zelda :-b
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:55 pm

I've never really got into these new Zelda games. I'm personally pre-paid and waiting for Battlefronts II. It's the best FPS I've ever played.

<waits for Halo2 fans to notice post>

:-o :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:10 pm

At first I thought you said Battlefield 2 and I was cool with that. But then I realized you mean Star Wars Battlefront :-P :-b Its going to be quite a sad Christmas indeed now :~(
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Zelda fans will have to wait.

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:13 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I know there is more than a few Zelda fans on these boards. The new game (Twilight Princess) has been delayed until 2006. I was hoping to have it for X-mas. :-C

http://cube.ign.com/articles/642/642238p1.html

well christmas to 2006 is only 6 days, so i wouldnt get to worked up yet. im an absoulute fanatic about anything zelda, so i agree, any type of delay sucks. but since they announced the making of this new zelda ive figured theyd launch it with thier new system, and i still believe that. its kind of silly for them to realease this on the cube, since the cube is nearly dead.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:19 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:At first I thought you said Battlefield 2 and I was cool with that. But then I realized you mean Star Wars Battlefront :-P :-b Its going to be quite a sad Christmas indeed now :~(

Nobody likes that game, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Maybe it's because multi-player beyond two people on one system is for crap. Whatever the case, none of my friends liked it until I made them start playing it. Then they all became obsessed.

I think it just has a bad rep for a reason that I can't figure since I'm not a huge gamer.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:I know there is more than a few Zelda fans on these boards. The new game (Twilight Princess) has been delayed until 2006. I was hoping to have it for X-mas. :-C

well christmas to 2006 is only 6 days, so i wouldnt get to worked up yet. im an absoulute fanatic about anything zelda, so i agree, any type of delay sucks. but since they announced the making of this new zelda ive figured theyd launch it with thier new system, and i still believe that. its kind of silly for them to realease this on the cube, since the cube is nearly dead.

I thought Nintendo was getting out of the hardware market and sticking strictly to software. Aren't they getting pummeled by PS2 and Xbox, respectively?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:24 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:

When they say 2006, they mean the fiscal year 2006, which starts on March 31st. Kaplan said that is the earliest it can come out, and I doubt that will happen. We are looking at April, May, June, maybe even July, boys :~(
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:27 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

When they say 2006, they mean the fiscal year 2006, which starts on March 31st. Kaplan said that is the earliest it can come out, and I doubt that will happen. We are looking at April, May, June, maybe even July, boys :~(

Seriously?

Ahh man. :~(
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:35 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

I thought Nintendo was getting out of the hardware market and sticking strictly to software. Aren't they getting pummeled by PS2 and Xbox, respectively?

Sales wise, yes. Profits wise, Nintendo has pulled in the most due to their low overhead, and the production of the console is cheap. PS2 made a lot of profit but was counteracted by massive losses in other segments of Sony, and Microsoft lost a ton on Xbox, though their goal was to get a foothold and not make money. Nintendo won't be going under for a while, as they have quite a lot in the coffers (thanks to their strongarming and shakedown of 3rd parties in the SNES days).
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby curious_george_43545 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:06 pm

Gamecube makes more profit then the Xbox and the PS2 even though it sells less units. Systmes sold wise though both the Xbox and Gamecube got murdered by the PS2, 80 million to about 20 and 19 million respectively.

Zelda getting delayed :-t
Go Braves!
curious_george_43545
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk