The 40-Year-Old Virgin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The 40-Year-Old Virgin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby blankman » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:24 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:"Virgin" got two thumbs way up from the Ebert crew... maybe it will be worth seeing after all :-?

Did anyone else watch "the Office" block last night? Pretty funny stuff actually. I'd missed them before. :-D

The Office is very good. Diversity Day may be the best episode of any TV show I've seen. ;-D ;-D
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:37 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Yeah Racheal's not all bad, Phatferd. There's a hot makeup girl on "What Not to Wear" as well, which is definitely the best part of the show.

Do I admit to knowing who you're talking about? :-? Is it too late to deny it now? :-o

My fiance loves all things that are the DIY Network (Food Network, TLC, HGTV, etc.)

In exchange, she watches Mets games. It works out.

Oh yeah, h0rt, you know who Carmondy is. Just admit it... As long as you still get to watch your sports (as I do), it works out all right to not throw a fit when you have to occasionally watch that other stuff. IMO anyway... It's all about give and take.

But congrats on the engagement, h0rt. ;-D

When's the big day? :-o (j/k...or am I?)

Up in the air still. Probably sometime next Fall.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby Box » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:44 pm

My guess: probably a good date movie. Funnier and less cheesy than Hitch. Something for the guys and girls, but make no mistake, it'll have the typical sappy Hollywood ending.

On a related note: just saw Jacob's Ladder with Tim Robbins last night. Great movie.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:41 pm

blankman wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:"Virgin" got two thumbs way up from the Ebert crew... maybe it will be worth seeing after all :-?

Did anyone else watch "the Office" block last night? Pretty funny stuff actually. I'd missed them before. :-D

The Office is very good. Diversity Day may be the best episode of any TV show I've seen. ;-D ;-D

wow, Diversity Day... I think I laughed more during that episode than I have in a long time. "Hello, welcome to my conveinence store". I'm going to see this one, as well as Wedding Crashers and Duece Bigalow. The Office was great and he was awesome in Anchorman as well, he's one of my new favorite comic actors.

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:23 pm

Box wrote:My guess: probably a good date movie. Funnier and less cheesy than Hitch. Something for the guys and girls, but make no mistake, it'll have the typical sappy Hollywood ending.

On a related note: just saw Jacob's Ladder with Tim Robbins last night. Great movie.

Maybe in a general sense but is it typical Hollywood for a 40 year old to finally get some?? :-B
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Half Massed » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:30 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Box wrote:My guess: probably a good date movie. Funnier and less cheesy than Hitch. Something for the guys and girls, but make no mistake, it'll have the typical sappy Hollywood ending.

Maybe in a general sense but is it typical Hollywood for a 40 year old to finally get some?? :-B

Maybe not, but that's because there are very few 40 year olds you see on camera that haven't gotten some...
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby da1chipo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 am

I went into the movie thinking I wouldn't like it. I was right.

Just kidding. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Go see it now!
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:21 am

da1chipo wrote:I went into the movie thinking I wouldn't like it. I was right.

Just kidding. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Go see it now!

Yeah, same here. I was bored and really had nothing to do, so I went to see the 10:00 showing of it and it was friggin' hilarious. The theater was packed with kids, some of which I knew, and there were really no seats left. Surprising actually on a Sunday night. :-?

Anyway, I definitely recommend seeing this. There are MUCH more laughs than just the previews show and is worth checking out in theaters. I think it has to be up there with the Anchorman type movies in my book, very good IMO. ;-D
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby davidmarver » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:56 am

Overrated movie, to be honest. Yes it was funny and it was worth seeing but it isn't close to being on the same tier as Wedding Crashers. A closer comparison to this movie is Euro Trip. Good movie, but not too hilarious.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:46 pm

davidmarver wrote:Overrated movie, to be honest. Yes it was funny and it was worth seeing but it isn't close to being on the same tier as Wedding Crashers. A closer comparison to this movie is Euro Trip. Good movie, but not too hilarious.

Euro Trip was pretty funny... it was good for other reasons too (if you saw the unrated version that is ;-) )

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk