Woody or K Brown? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Woody or K Brown?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Woody or K Brown?

Postby Happy Homer » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:52 pm

I'm having a hard time deciding which to trade because i have loads of pitching depth. I'm leaning toward Woody because Brown has more Ks and better ERA Whip so far but weaker run support down in Dodger land than the Cardinals. What do you guys think?
Happy Homer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:57 pm

Wow, that is a tough one. I have Brown and he has been nothing short of vital to my team's success thus far. I don't know much about Woody besides his impressive numbers this year, but I do know that Brown's injury history does concern me.

As far as trading goes, if you are willing to take the risk, I would trade Woody, because I feel like you won't get the return you want from Brown because of the injury history.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby quickfingerz » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:09 pm

With injury aside, it's Brown EASILY.

Brown doesn't need run support. His ERA will probably be at least 1 run better and have a better whip. Not to mention K's.

Brown has a much better bullpen too along with a lights-out closer.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DGroundhog » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:42 pm

I think it's time to trade Woody. Got him, been thrilled with him (benched him today - YES!), but he's gotten hit late his last 2 games, and the 6 walks were unusual. I think he's tired. He pitched some gutty games feeling ill, and I think it all may be wearing on him.

I'm still hoping he's a sub 3 ERA W machine, but if I could work a good trade I'd take it.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:57 pm

I have both Brown and Williams. One thing to consider is that Williams' last two games were against Boston and the Yankees, two very tough teams. Recently, Brown has faced mostly weak teams like the Tigers, Brewers, etc.

I think that people are also concerned about Woody's injury history, including missing half of last year as much as they are about Brown's so you probably won't get full value for either of them in a trade unless you have a naive owner that forgot about the injuries. I'd almost lean towards trading one of your other stud pitchers if you have lots of pitching depth and hope that neither Woody or Brown gets hurt.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:53 am

News flash! Woody Williams has had a far more checkered injury history than Kevin Brown. If I owned Brown (and I wish I did, don't have him in any of my 3 leagues) I wouldn't even considr trading him. With everyone so concerned about his supposed fragility, the chances of getting value are remote. On the flip side, Williams has put up astounding numbers, yet doesn't ever seem to warrant even a mention when talk of studs begin. So perhaps he comes up short in gaining value as well. Agree that Williams may be in a slight fade mode due to fatigue...all the signs are there. I'd put out feelers for him, but don't be stunned if you're shorted on the offers.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby kcs261 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:54 am

Agreed. Woody's durability has never been outstanding, either. Also, Brown always pitched like this when healthy, while Wood seems to be playing a little over his head. Don't get me wrong, Woody is a fine pitcher. But is he Cy Young? I doubt it.

I would definitely keep Brown & try to trade Woody. But if you don't get anything for Woody, keep him. There's really no reason why he shouldn't remain solid.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers