Awards this year - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Awards this year

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Awards this year

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:12 am

I was just thinking which Jays are in line for some hardware this year.

Gold Glove - O-Dog for sure. If he doesn't get it then the gold glove is a joke. Also Boone has won it at 2B for the past 3 years and he isn't getting it this year. As much as we knock the guy, I also think that Hinske has been really good at first. Vernon may also be in line for his second straight GG.

ROY - Gotta be Gustavo. May get some competition from Street but I think that Gustavo has to get it. Russ Adams should also be in the top 10 in voting. SS is a very hard position for a rookie but the past 2 ROY in the AL have been ss.

CY Young - Doc? Let's see him come back strong and get us a playoff birth. Otherwise some stiff in Chicago will probably win it. :-t

Thoughts?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:34 am

Gold Glove- This one is going to Orlando with no questions being asked. The guy saves hits for us game after game and he's got the best range for a 2B that i've ever seen. If he doesn't win this one, then there is definately something wrong with the voting process cause he should win this one.

ROY- Well, this one is a bit tougher. Although I think Gustavo should win, I'm not sure how this will come down. I really think it's between Robinson Cano, Dan Johnson, and longer shot Huston Street. IMO Gustavo should win it considering he's helped the Jays so much and he's maintaining a mid 3 ERA. He's leading the AL rookie starters in almost every cat. I want Chacin to win it, but knowing the votes it probably goes to the Yankees.

Cy Young- Before Halladay got hurt I was almost positive that Halladay would win the Cy Young. Now he's getting fruther away from playing, and it's not looking good for him. He needs to make a couple more quality starts or else like Mookie said, that scrub from Chicago wins it.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sportsguy80 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:20 pm

Gold Glove- O-dog and Wells should each win a Gold Glove. If you added up all the Hits, Runs, and RBI's O-dog saves with his glove and added them to his stats he would be AL MVP at seasons end. Wells Just does his job in the outfield and is worthy of a gold golve.

ROY- Chacin should win this he started the season with the Jays and put up good numbers. I believe Cano, Johnson, and Adams have strong cases to win the Rookie of the Year but not strong enought to beat out Chacin

Cy Young- Lets Hope When Roy comes back he has solid outings because like you said Mookie we don't want the stiffs in Chicago to win it.

Owner of the Toronto Blue Jays in the Strike Zone Dynasty
sportsguy80
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:29 am

Gold Glove Award: Hudson, Wells each win one.

ROY: Chacin wins if he is able to get to around 14-15 wins. Otherwise, Huston Street or Dan Johnson may gain the upperhand. Iguchi will lose votes because to many voters he won't be considered a rookie just as Matsui was. Cano has really dropped off the pace, and I doubt he will get it. Nick Swisher also has a good chance, and maybe even Jonny Gomes.

Cy Young: If Halladay doesn't come back until atleast September as reported, I believe Johan Santana will win. He has finally started turning it on like he did last year, and I don't see anything stopping him. If it's not him, it will be Garland. BTW, it is still hard to make a case agaisnt anybody but Halladay. I still think Halladay is leading the AL in CG, ERA, SO and WHIP, though I'm not sure.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:28 am

Cano is way hyped because of all of the loudmouthed Yankee fans in here. He's nothing special IMO.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:58 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Cano is way hyped because of all of the loudmouthed Yankee fans in here. He's nothing special IMO.

He's decent, but I obviously think that Chacin deserves it more.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Toronto Blue Jays