DREW = DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

DREW = DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

DREW = DL

Postby coleminer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 am

According to the report, this is the third time Drew has missed time because of injury this year. He missed two weeks with a hamstring injury in June while at Single-A Lancaster. Before that, while playing in the independent Atlantic League, Drew missed some time due to a sore foot. Remember that Drew missed most of last season due to his holdout, so he may still be showing signs of rust …
Or being a Drew!!!

Can I get some advice ... thanks:

19 Team points league, 5 minor leaguers, 3 swap outs/year. Scoring: Power Hitters>>Closers>Starters, Middle Relievers, and (Batting) Average Hitters.
Anth. Reyes (SP STL), C. Jackson (1B/OF ARI), and Andy LaRoche (3B LAD) have spots locked-up.
I am saving a swap-out for either J. Upton or A. Gordon, if I can get them after they sign. Should I pick-up James (P ATL) or Hansen (P BOS) instead of Olsen (SP FLA) and Hawksworth (SP STL).
coleminer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:56 pm

That was one of the knocks on Drew, that he is just like his brother and can't stay healthy. He is a great talent, but so far he has done nothing to prove anyone wrong that thought he was injury-prone.

On the advice, maybe it's just cause I woke up ... but it's hard to follow. You have 3 of the 5 spots locked up and your saving 1 in hopes you get Upton/Gordon, right? So are you asking if you should pick up one of those you listed at the end and drop Drew?

In any case, forget about Hawksworth he has a good way to go before he gets back to were he was.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:54 pm

drew played last night so maybe all is well with him..... as far as your team, if i am reading it right,,, i would look to add james over hawksworth
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:11 pm

I would add Hansen over Hawksworth
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball