Mornings with JP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Toronto Blue Jays

Mornings with JP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mornings with JP

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:05 am

JP is the insider on the Fan590 on Wednesday mornings.

Here is what he said today:

September calls ups will be Gabe Gross and Quiroz for sure and then 1 or 2 bullpen arms. Arnold will not be called up.

Lilly has looked very good in his rehab and is on schedule - Halladay, will be slow and stead. September but no promises.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:27 am

It's a bummer that Halladay isn't coming back sooner. I also really wanted to see Arnold. I'm looking forward to see Quiroz. I really really like this kid. As I mentioned in a previous post he's like a mini pudge, and he's definately the catcher of the future. If only he stays healthy he can contribute tons. I've been somewhat disappointed in Gross. I know he doesn't get much playing time, but he hasn't hit that great either. Should be interesting to see what happens in September.

Oh yeah..Whos Lilly? }:-)
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:21 am

go_jays_go wrote:It's a bummer that Halladay isn't coming back sooner. I also really wanted to see Arnold. I'm looking forward to see Quiroz. I really really like this kid. As I mentioned in a previous post he's like a mini pudge, and he's definately the catcher of the future. If only he stays healthy he can contribute tons. I've been somewhat disappointed in Gross. I know he doesn't get much playing time, but he hasn't hit that great either. Should be interesting to see what happens in September.

Oh yeah..Whos Lilly? }:-)

From what I've heard, Arnold isn't having a great season in the minors, and isn't developing as fast as they Blue Jays staff want. I think they will be much better off leaving him there for now. It looks as if we won't be having many catching problems next year with a Zaun-Quiroz platoon, which is a big plus. ;-D In my opinion, Gross hasn't been given a chance, and I don't see him being given a chance anytime soon. I think he should be traded for his own good, while trying to see if they can get something for him.

BTW, JP is on every Wednesday after the Jays game with Mike Wilner on 590, if I have time I usually try to tune in, especially if I am coming home from the game. Callers ask him questions about the team, though many of them are pretty dumb sometimes. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby davidmarver » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:30 am

Is Quiroz worth a grab in AL-only keeper leagues? How about mixed leagues? I'm a little weak at catcher right now, if you can't tell.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:35 am

davidmarver wrote:Is Quiroz worth a grab in AL-only keeper leagues? How about mixed leagues? I'm a little weak at catcher right now, if you can't tell.

No, with Zaun here for one more year, I doubt Quiroz will be anything more than platooning with Zaun next year, that is unless Zaun really starts to struggle or Quiroz begins to turn it on. I'd watch him, though.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:00 am

mweir145 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Is Quiroz worth a grab in AL-only keeper leagues? How about mixed leagues? I'm a little weak at catcher right now, if you can't tell.

No, with Zaun here for one more year, I doubt Quiroz will be anything more than platooning with Zaun next year, that is unless Zaun really starts to struggle or Quiroz begins to turn it on. I'd watch him, though.

Yeah maybe in two years or like weir said, if he gets real hot. The kid can hit thats for sure.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:54 pm

This morning JP laughed at Raffy and his stupid ear plugs and then said that the only Jay getting called up tomorrow is Gabe Gross.

He said the rest of the call ups are going to wait for the end of the triple A season then there will be a few pitchers called up.

That's good. We have enough kids up as it is and nobody besides Zaun needs a break. Quiroz was called up early so it is him and Gross for a while.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Return to Toronto Blue Jays